“Canceled Flight and Won't Issue Refund”
Review of LIAT

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We booked airline tickets to go from Grenada to San Juan to catch a cruise. Before booking I carefully read all 26 pages of their terms and conditions as I didn't want to get stuck with non-refundable tickets if our flight was canceled. Terms & Conditions stated that if they cancel the flight I could, at my option, either (1) be rebooked on a later flight or (2) get a refund. When the canceled the flight and I asked for the refund as they couldn't get me to San Juan in time to catch my ship I was told that no refund would be given as the cancelation was an "Act of God." I had book on a different airline and pay for tickets again. I've disputed with my CC company. Stay far away from this company.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

As a long-time resident of the Caribbean, I was prepared for the usual delays and/or cancellations with LIAT. To my surprise and satisfaction, every leg of my trip from St. Kitts to Antigua to Barbados to Grenada left on time. Transfers were convenient and boarding calls timely. The ATR72-600 aircraft was very clean and comfortable, with attentive service on board. Our luggage also made it safely to our destination.
Keep up the improved service LIAT!

1  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I had not heard very positive comments about LIAT from reviews or other travellers so I was dubious about what to expect. After Hurricane Jose had passed we had to rebook our flight from Antigua to St Lucia. When we arrived at the airport we were told that we would be flying via Dominica to Barbados and then from Barbados to St Lucia. As the flight was late taking off I never expected to achieve the connection in Barbados and when we landed there was only 10 minutes before the flight to St Lucia took off. But they knew that there were 7 of us who needed to make this flight and they gathered us all together and ensured that we got to the St Lucia flight in time. We were so grateful for the efforts of the LIAT ground staff - perhaps American Airlines could learn a lesson here!!!

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 27 September 2017

They are not flying commerically to Sint Martaan. When I asked for a refund I received this email response.

LIAT is not issuing refunds due to an ‘act of God’.

Please contact your booking agent to rebook

1  Thank morriss003
Reviewed 21 September 2017

An absolutely evil airline that takes advantage of the misfortune of the victims of Hurricane Irma and Maria by charging ridiculous fees. Their hospitality is horrible and they care nothing about people, just their own dirty wallets, which I hope have many holes.

• Food and Beverage