“Flight in time”
Review of Air Asia - Thai AirAsia

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall Air Asia is a good economic airline. Airplanes are clean and the crew are courteous, well groomed and professional

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3 495)

80 - 84 of 3 495 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall Air Asia is a good economic airline. With that you must be aware that you get what you pay for.
I have to say that the airplanes are clean and the crew are courteous, well groomed and professional
My major warnings are:
1. Self check in on line: if you are not used to this or computer illiterate or do not know how to change the website from the language of the country to English, you are hooped you will need help and have to wait until you get to the airport.
2. When you get to the airport you will have to find the Air Asia check in counter and check in your luggage, get a boarding pass.
3. When you are making the flight arrangements on line, DO IT SLOWLY and do not miss the LUGGAGE COST portion. If you do not state on line how much luggage you have and what is the weight, YOU WILL PAY BIG TIME at the airport check-in.
4. Air Asia WEBSITE IS NOT FRIENDLY. Well at least for me. I wanted to buy extra luggage weight after I booked a flight..Was told on the web-sight I could but I would have to become a member. I did that and received an identification number. When I tried to buy extra luggage weight I was unable to do so. VERY FRUSTRATING
5. Remember to take food and drink with you if you are going on a long flight..Because of the lack of information and disorganization of the Kuala Lumpur Terminal 2 and minimal signage and information I went through security before buying anything to eat. There is NOTHING after security that is edible.
6. I would recommend this airline for hopping around South East Asia, some the the ticket prices are most affordable. When booking, I reiterate, read everything and do it slowly, especially luggage costs and times of departure and arrival. (Not PM instead of AM).

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Easy booking, payment, easy check in, quick control and flight in time, No special service booked. Everthing was as always - everything fine.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Its a little more than an hour flight,the airlines are fromAirbus A320 and its engine sounds like its well maintained and they really maintain time and a very comfortable flight.Though you have to buy your meal on online or by your credit card but its doesnt matter when the trip is not much longer.And the flight crew are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

At check in they asked me to put suitcase, backpack, and camera case on the scale. They then informed me that I was 10 kgs over weight and needed to pay $400. I appealed that I was allowed 20 kgs checked baggage and 7 kgs carry on plus a second carry on. That got nowhere even after consulting the manager. I had to pay the fee or I would miss my flight. During check in and boarding the flight the flight attendants were busy chatting to each other. I was never welcomed or acknowledged. This pattern continued during the flight. No beverages or snacks were ever offered on this 1 hour + flight. On the trip in on Singapore Air were provided with a meal and beverages. Avoid Air Asia if possible. They are worse than United.

1  Thank James O