“DO NOT TRAVEL!!!!! WORST AIRLINE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON!!!”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 3 May 2021

I currently live in South America and hold a British passport. I recently flew from Bogota to Lima. When I got to the check in counter, I was told I cannot board the plane because I have a British passport. Even after explaining to them that I had been living in Colombia for 6 months, they still wouldn't let me board the plane. They couldn't even understand the basic rule that you can't fly, 'if you have been in the UK in the last 14 days', due to Covid 19 restrictions. Even after showing them I had left the UK six months ago with my passport exit stamp, they kept turning me away. I had to get an immigration officer at Bogota airport to speak to the airline staff and tell them how stupid and retarded they all were. They finally decided to let me on the plane. The whole situation lasted nearly 2 hours and was SOOO STRESSFUL. They then charged me COP 100,000 just to print off my boarding pass because I hadn't checked in online, because their app kept crashing. The plane had no TVs and no reclining chairs. There were no free refreshments onboard, like other airlines. The people who run this airline are absolute thieves and the employees they have are stupid, rude and have no sense of customer service. If you are in Colombia, do yourself a huge favour and fly with Avianca, because the donkeys working for Viva Air will rip you off in so many ways. Thank you for absolutely nothing.

Date of travel: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (835)

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

I booked viva air because that’s the only direct flight from Santa Marta to Pereira that day. I paid 211k cop/$60 usd for the flight with 1 free checked luggage of 20kg. When I arrived at the airport the staff at the counter told me that I need to pay 70k cop / $20 usd for printing the boarding pass because I missed the online boarding pass which is not available 2 hours before the flight (which I had no clue of, no email or anything in the website informed me about this online boarding pass) And I need to pay 15k cop for my extra 0.8kg of luggage. Usually if it’s under 1 kg other flights will just let me check the luggage wihhout paying extra.

Great job Viva air

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 2 March 2021

Always without fail, Viva Air have no respect for their customers. Avoid this airline, you will end up paying more than the others.

Date of travel: February 2021
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Seaside136522
Reviewed 25 January 2021

The worst airline!! DO NOT FLY WITH THEM!! You get to the airport and they surprise you with extra charges!! Never have I seen an airline that rips people off with such abandonment!!! Stay away!!! The reviews are not lying!!

Date of travel: January 2021
1  Thank sandraiH6126QE
Reviewed 6 December 2020

My son and I flew from Lima to Cusco and back...two one-way tickets for an hour plus flight for less than $100 was unbelievable...as such the seats and leg-room is not much to write-about...for an hour flight we could bear them...although as my son is 6'6" we were able to pay a little extra and get him exit- row seat for the flight to Cusco and the bulk-head seat for the return flight to Lima.

both flights were on time...they do board by back of the plane so if you're sitting towards the front be prepared to board last.

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank bhullar70
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.