“It's a great BUDGET Airline!! Educate yourselves!!”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 30 October 2019

Firstly, I am from Europe and we have had budget airlines for years, so we know to be careful when booking and EXTREMELY careful with the size of the bags you are allowed to bring on. Yes, even in Europe you had to pay if you didn't print your boarding pass.
When you are getting tickets for REALLY cheap, you can't expect everything included... more weight = higher cost in fuel, somebody needs to pay for this- they're not going to take you for free!. If you want extra bags of course you pay for it!. They have beautiful new planes with comfortable leather seats- a luxury compared to European budget airlines. I believe it's one of the most punctual airlines in South America.
Educate yourselves- take the correct allowance of bags, and print your boarding passes.. be prepared to pay more for extra bag size/weight- it'll still be cheaper than anyone else...

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Mark F
Write a reviewReviews (843)

Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

I don't recommend this airline, it's cheap but try to earn a lot by additional services. For example, when not buying seat assignment, me and my wife were assigned seats at different plane areas. I suppose it was done on purpose, since we were check-in in quite early.

Besides - not much space inside, boarding done in a chaotic way.

Except that, flight was OK, crew quite nice.

1  Thank lukaszmrb
Reviewed 22 October 2019

Seriously hate companies that will do anything to rob people of their money.... pretty sad. Charged us for not printing our boarding pass & for bags even though google flights told us bags were included. Terrible company

1  Thank Britney L
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

I had a priority booking with access to the fast lane. Because I had the boarding pass on my phone only (not printed (who does that nowadays)) I had to pay around 12 USD!! To freaking print the boarding pass.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank TillF53
Reviewed 18 October 2019

First of all they made us pay 48 soles per person just to print out our boarding pass and this is already after we received a check-in confirmation and had a e-boarding pass. They would not let us threw without a printed boarding g pass. Further to this, they required us to pay 150 soles each for our cabin carry on bags. They only allow for one personal item on for free such as a small purse, but any carry on baggage needs to be paid for separately. This is ridiculous! I have never encountered an airline that requires you to pay for your cabin carry on bag! Overall, on top of the price of the flight you are required to pay so much more out of pocket for a one hour flight. I was sincerely disappointed in the service and felt that this airline is out to take advantage of travellers who are genuinely out there to learn and explore. Avoid If you can!

1  Thank robwootten
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.