“Cancelled flight still no refund”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

We were scheduled to fly to Colombia with viva air with a stop over in Lima, both parts of the journey were unexpectedly cancelled a week before with little explanation or apology.

I understand these things happen but the refund process is a joke. It is coming to the end of October and we STILL haven’t received our money back.

We ended up paying far more than we hoped for an alternative flight because of the late notice. Really poor customer service.

Date of travel: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (843)

Reviewed 15 October 2019

Three of us were traveling round-trip from Lima to Cusco. Cheap Flight, additional costs for everything except using the bathroom. We had very expensive travel insurance, 30% cost of an actual round trip flight. VIVA AIR switched our flight both ways, instead of giving us free boarding passes for our inconvenience they charged us 107 soles($33) for three boarding passes in Lima airport. We also paid in advance $67 for two language.Our backpacks were 7-8 kg, less then limit, however they didn't let me carry small messenger bag & made us pay additional 43 soles($13). All three of us & all other couples in the plane were separated by Viva Air in order to make customers to pay in addition to sit with your loved ones. They are ripping off the customers. This is so sad. After flight took off, I requested my husband to be switched next to me while I was sitting alone between three seats, we were denied unless we paid for it. We also were approached twice by VIVA AIR Rep while we were waiting for check-in in the line to pay 20 soles for each if we wanted to use faster line, second time rep was bargaining with us for 23 soles for three of us.That was disgrace. We are world travelers. We had never experienced such a poor, unfriendly, unprofessional customer service skills with other Airline company. We never recommend VIVA AIR company to anyone. We also never ever going to use VIVA AIR airline company in our life. Such a terrible experience.

Date of travel: September 2019
    • Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 15 October 2019

We flew Cusco - Lima and although we landed on time and the cabin crew were pleasant, we had an absolutely awful check-in experience!

The 'fast track' line and normal lines were basically the same, so customers that had paid for the fast-track service were absolutely irate that they had to wait the same amount of time as us to check in hold baggage (we waited over an hour and half in the queue in order to check in our bags!). This frustration led to people trying to cut in line which just made things worse!

The check-in staff for Viva Air were appalling. They only had two people on the counter, and one of them was half working, half on whatsapp on his phone and could hardly care less about the giant queue halfway down the airport corridor.

That being said, although we were delayed getting onto the plane as the queue to check-in was so outrageous, the flight time was much less than what was advertised so we did in fact land when we were supposed to.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 8 October 2019

I have just flown from Lima to Cusco on this terrible airline. Like a good traveler I checked in online the day before and had my boarding pass on my phone. In this day we surely don’t need to print our boarding passes, we are after all in a country that is 50% Amazon and we are trying to save the Amazon - are we not. I get to drop my bag off and they charge me 45 soles or $10 for the privilege of printing my boarding pass for me. I had not email from them when I checked in the day before stating I must print my boarding pass or the cost south be $10. I am absolutely horrified at the cost!!! We are in the digital era where we don’t need to print anymore yet this airline chooses to charge an absorbent amount for 1 tiny piece of paper. I could sponsor a tree in the Amazon jungle for that cost. I am beyond angry. Never fly these robbers again

Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

They had a decently priced flight that fit our schedule, which is the only reason one would picktbem. Never again. Horrible experience, many hidden costs, ridiculous luggage restrictions and excessive cost for extras.

1  Thank Jan S
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.