“Standard budget airline experience”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 15 October 2019

We flew Cusco - Lima and although we landed on time and the cabin crew were pleasant, we had an absolutely awful check-in experience!

The 'fast track' line and normal lines were basically the same, so customers that had paid for the fast-track service were absolutely irate that they had to wait the same amount of time as us to check in hold baggage (we waited over an hour and half in the queue in order to check in our bags!). This frustration led to people trying to cut in line which just made things worse!

The check-in staff for Viva Air were appalling. They only had two people on the counter, and one of them was half working, half on whatsapp on his phone and could hardly care less about the giant queue halfway down the airport corridor.

That being said, although we were delayed getting onto the plane as the queue to check-in was so outrageous, the flight time was much less than what was advertised so we did in fact land when we were supposed to.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (832)

Reviewed 8 October 2019

I have just flown from Lima to Cusco on this terrible airline. Like a good traveler I checked in online the day before and had my boarding pass on my phone. In this day we surely don’t need to print our boarding passes, we are after all in a country that is 50% Amazon and we are trying to save the Amazon - are we not. I get to drop my bag off and they charge me 45 soles or $10 for the privilege of printing my boarding pass for me. I had not email from them when I checked in the day before stating I must print my boarding pass or the cost south be $10. I am absolutely horrified at the cost!!! We are in the digital era where we don’t need to print anymore yet this airline chooses to charge an absorbent amount for 1 tiny piece of paper. I could sponsor a tree in the Amazon jungle for that cost. I am beyond angry. Never fly these robbers again

Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

They had a decently priced flight that fit our schedule, which is the only reason one would picktbem. Never again. Horrible experience, many hidden costs, ridiculous luggage restrictions and excessive cost for extras.

• Customer service
    • Value for money
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 3 October 2019

Terrible, terrible airline. We were flying from Talara to Lima to Iquitos. We tried to check in multiple times and got a message saying we couldn’t and to email the airline- we did this and luckily screenshot everything. When we arrived in Talara we were only here advised that our flight from Lima to Iquitos was cancelled. No email, no communication from the airline, not even a reply to our query on not being in able to check in. What’s more, the staff then tried to charge us as we hadn’t checked in for our flight?? Grateful for our screenshots here. We continued with our flight to Lima, and we’re advised to visit the Viva desk there. When we arrived there our bags were missing as the staff in Lima were unaware that the flight to Iquitos was cancelled- we spent 30-40 minutes hunting these down. We then visited the Viva desk where we were told ‘sorry’ but nothing they could do. We ended up having to purchase last minute flights with Latam (lovely airline) for double the price as we had to be in Iquitos that night for a booked amazon tour.
Viva then told us that because we took the flight to Lima they wouldn’t refund anything - even though their staff there told us to visit the desk in Lima there was nothing that could be done in Talara.
TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE AIRLINE DO NOT FLY WITH THEM!!!!!

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 2 October 2019

This is the worst airline ever! The worst customer service. On the phone they say one thing and at the airport they say another. I was charged triple for a ticket for a 2 year old! When on the phone they said that kids under 3 didn't need to pay!
Lady didn't seem to give a crap about the issue.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS GARBAGE OF AN AIRLINE.!

1  Thank Andres C
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.