“WORST EXPERIENCE.”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

I couldn’t do the web check in the website didn’t work at all, so I didn’t get my boarding passes on time. When I reached the airport they charged me 30USD just to print them and also 70USD extra to document my luggage. Looks like this is a TERRIBLE company to flight in Peru.

TRY TO AVOID IT.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
3  Thank 651jairr
Write a reviewReviews (843)

Reviewed 22 January 2019 via mobile

they charge 50 soles to check in at the airport. I have been on so many flights before and I’ve NEVER have been charged for a check in. Thanks for the rip-off, I‘ll never use this airline again.

Reviewed 21 January 2019

Website
Website is only half functioning. You can book tickets ith limited issues. However, when it comes to adding luggage, checking in, adding additional personal information (DOB, etc) it becomes HIGHLY glitchy... More on this later

Luggage
EXTREMELY strict luggage policy. Much like Spirit Airlines in the US, they charge for everything. Most notable observation is they have a DEDICATED person jamming everyone's carry-on into the carry-on luggage measurement bin; to see if it fits. Most would just eye the luggage and say yes or no. The Viva rep checked EVERY luggage.

Check In and Boarding Tickets
Check In at the airport? Surcharge. Print boarding Tickets? Surcharge.
Charge, charge, charge!

Customer Service
One of the worst I've experienced. Viva air had me go online to add additional information (DOB, Passport#, etc). It didn't work. I spent SEVERAL hours (on my trip) trying to get it to work. Eventually, I figured I'd just wait to the airport and subsequently check in too. I go to the airport, I get charged to check in (of course). I then told them their website didn't work and I couldn't update info OR check in. They said "show me a screenshot" Why the fk would I make a screenshot? Why would I ever think a company would suggest I'm lying? Long story short, ended up paying the EXTENT of all surcharges possible.

The worst airline ever. Do NOT fly them. Spend a little more elsewhere. Companies and airlines like this need to DIE and go out of business.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

Arriving to the airport our flight was confirmed, when we were trying to go thru the gates they told us that due to bad weather conditions it has been delayed. Nothing on the screens obviously. We managed to take off with 3.5hrs delay. The captain apologised referring to technical issues. Who is lieing now??? They gave us different seats on both flights to get some extra money. Lot of people especially families had the same issue. Please do not go for Viva air even if it is slightly cheaper than any other flights. Such a disappointment!

Reviewed 20 January 2019

There is not a single good thing to say about them. The flight here they moved me line to line until the plane left. Had to buy a 1 way for 200. Then here they moved lines again. Fight delayed no one to be found to tell us what is going on. Still waiting at the airport... How are they in business? I know it looks cheaper but it wont be afterwards.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Kyle H
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.