“AVOID...Not Worth the Price”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 18 January 2019

Their website is the worst. I tried to check in and print my boarding pass before going to the airport. I selected seats to sit with my wife. I tried to pay for them and the declined my card. I tried on multiple cards and still didn’t work. I couldn’t finish check in and print my boarding passes since my booking wasn’t “paid”. I tried to remove the seat selection but the site would only allow me to add optional services. Their online chat didn’t work and their phone kept disconnecting. I tried to explain the situation to an agent at the airport but she brushed me off and said I’d have to pay the $30 just to print two pieces of paper. I didn’t matter that it was their system error. I had to contact my credit card company to reverse the charge since their claims site wasn’t working either.

Bottom line, pay a bit extra for good airlines like LATAM. Viva shows no loyalty to their paying passengers. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do it on purpose to charge more.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (835)

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Terrible staff at check in. Have no idea what is customer service! I had all the proof that i tried to check in online but the agent nearly accused me of lying. Their goal is to rip off the customer in any way possible. It s good that we can breath for free on this flight.

Emile

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank emilechaoui
Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

Absolute garbage airline. If I could rate this a negative number, it would be in the -100's.

Horrible customer service, in person, online and over the phone.

Astronomically high hidden costs for EVERYTHING!! ($60 American just to print the boarding pass at check-in!!!!!!!!!!!)

No leg room, no reclining seats, no tvs, no water, no complimentary anything.

Would not answer phone calls or emails for 3 days!!

If you value your life or your time or your family, you will stay FAR away from this company.

WILL NOT EVER FLY WITH VIVA AIR EVER AGAIN!!!!

Please heed this warning and save your money!

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

Delayed flights, hidden extra costs, unfriendly service, very narrow seating space. The price is mostly quite low, that's true (at least if you manage to follow all rules and if you are not charged extra last minute), but I would only consider this airline again if there is no other alternative. Rather take the bus in Peru.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

Beware of the extra charges. Their website has some discrepancies as to the weight of carry-on and checked luggage. There is conflicting information so it's unclear which one to go by. Flight departed on time but they did not provide beverage service on either flight between Lima and Cusco. I would most likely NOT fly them again if other options are available.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.