“Do NOT use this airline”
Review of Viva Air (Peru)

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had a flight booked from Cusco to Lima which was delayed by 3 hours. When we tried to move airlines to book a new flight we were assured that our Viva flight would make it into Lima in time. No one had any accurate information to give us during the delay so the flight attendants just made things up. We missed our connecting flight and had to rebook a new flight for nearly four times the original price with no offer of reimbursement by Viva. If you are considering flying viva air I would highly recommend paying the extra to go with any other airline and save yourself the nightmare.

1  Thank PRH1994
Write a reviewReviews (843)

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Waste of money, terrible service. We got charged to print our tickets. As a backpacker how do they expect us to print a boarding pass? Unhelpful staff and delayed flights. Extremely unhappy with Viva airlines.

1  Thank Ameliasmith011
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

Both my flights (Lima to Cusco and Cusco to Lima) we’re cancelled last minute. Staff was unhelpful and so many people got screwed and missed their connections.

When I went to check in at the counter for my flight from Lima to Cusco the agent took my itinerary and just said, “this flight doesn’t exist anymore.” WTF?!? I missed a crucial part of my travel plans because I had to book a late night flight on another airline.

My flight from Cusco back to Lima got canceled 20min after we were supposed to board the plane. Again I had to book another flight with another airline. The cheap allure of VivaAir ended up costing me over $500 in booking last minute flights.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

They are just looking for ways of ripping money of people.
Booking mentioned one piece of free carry on baggage. But our baggage was called oversize and charged 145 sol.

Reviewed 25 December 2018 via mobile

Charged me over 50 soles at the airport to print ticket and also ripped off 110 soles for baggage. Should have read reviews before booking with them

Date of travel: December 2018
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.