“9 Planes for 11 destinations.You cannot expect much from it”
Review of Andes Lineas Aereas

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

With a fleet of just 9 planes, and quite old aircraft as the MD83, and 11 destinations you cannot expect much, if one flight get delay all the daily schedule will be effected. My plane of course was delayed by 2hrs and the day before they sent me an email that my flight was postponed by 4hrs. Total dealy 6hrs.
At least the company sent me and email, it would have been quite annoying be at the "amazing" Puerto Madryn airport for the entire afternoon.
Anyhow, you get what you pay for, cheap fair, cheap service!
Enjoy your flight and don't schedule nothing to close the arrival or departure time.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Puerto Madryn is a small town south in Patagonia and about 2 hours flight from Buenos Aires. This was a return flight. The small airport I think is only served by this airline so not much of a choice.
First the flight was late in arriving for about 1.5 hours, so the departure was also delayed for about 1 hour and all that without any advise nor announcement.
Flight itself and the in-flight service was fine. We were offered soft drinks and snacks (for free!!!!). However, on arrival, I noticed that my suitcase was open. My TSA lock was missing and the zipper was half open. Once I opened the suitcase it was obvious that it was rummaged through. Nothing was taken as there was nothing of value in it. The only reason I checked it is the tube of shaving cream that exceeds 100ml, otherwise it is a carry-on.
But it spoiled the experience and I felt violated. It most likely happened at Puerto Madryn as that is where we had to wait for the delayed flight and our luggage was at the mercy of the handlers, rather then on arrival where the luggage was delivered fairly quickly.
Travellers beware.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Avoid Andes Airlines at all cost. Should’ve read reviews before booking. Initially paid $3,100 pesos for AEP-IGR return for trip to Iguazu. It was really cheap. Then read reviews and flight histories that they were consistently late and cancelling flights. Was regretting a little bit and hoping they would cancel flight when I turn up at the airport so I could get a full refund to book with LATAM airlines- this is the full service airline which is part of Oneworld.

Little wonder when I turned up at AEP they did not confirm my flight ticket due to foreign card transaction (US credit card). Was told that the reconfirmation would be based on the current price quoted as $7,200 pesos.

Strangely I was overjoyed upon hearing the supposed bad news. Told Andes not to book me in since flight cost more than 2x now. Went over to the LATAM counter which was next door to get a ticket for $8,000.

As many have advised; get to the airport early to prepare for these. Fly with LATAM or others. You’re welcome!

So that’s the start of my Iguazu story. Ended up paying 2.7x more for ticket. Cheap is not good in this case; at least I have peace in mind that my flight back is secured to catch a ferry over to Montevideo.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We had a two flights with this airline and it has been the worst experience we ever had.
They charge you for EVERYTHING, even when it is their responsability. We got charged 200pesos eachs for check-in because we did not do it online. Thing is, we tried 5 times to check-in and their website was not working so we gave up... they charged us anyway...
Then it is 600 pesos per lugguage to check-in if they exceed 5KG! 390 pesos each if you want to be seated next to your partner..
Our flight was at 8, moved at 7:15, then delayed back at 8:15.
Planes are so tight and not even clean.
This is the worst airline we ever fly.

We took aerolinas argentina and it was so better, I am teling you do not book with Andes.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We were a little skeptical because of the bad reviews, but quite simply it went without a single hitch. Would not hesitate to book again - snacks were great!

Date of travel: August 2018