“Efficient and economical. ”
Review of Safair

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have used this airline on a few occasions and all our experiences have been good. We were really impressed with their efficiency on all occasions.The prices were reasonable and the service was good.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Safair have the pay for luggage thing...but otherwise they are fairly good. I have flown with them a few times and they are ok. I will always compare prices though as they are not always the cheapest.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Last night I had the absolute misfortune of traveling with FlySafair.

When I checked in at the Port Elizabeth Airport, I asked for a window seat as my 6 year old was traveling with me.

We boarded the plane and I was told that I had to leave my bag behind. Since I had something fragile in my bag and it was well under the restricted weight (I had it weighed at the check-in counter), I refused, which upset the hostess.

When we got to our seat, the window seat we were given, 11A, had no window! My daughter was heavily upset and threw a tantrum, which upset me, as I specifically asked for a window seat! For a 6 year old, looking forward to a flight, which was a new experience for her, not having a window seat was a big deal.

The seats are tiny and uncomfortable, which is still okay, considering it is a low cost airline. I could live with that.

After eventually managing to distract my daughter, by telling her I would buy her a sandwich and juice, it was even more annoying when I was told that the sandwiches are out of stock! How do these people plan their catering?

When we disembarked, my daughter asked the hostess if she could see the cockpit, but was told no, the flight crew is busy. The hostess did not even offer to check with the captain, she did not give a hoot about making a little child happy - she just said no.

I will never ever, under any circumstances, use FlySafair again! Their lack of service is not worth my hard earned money! I fly often for work, but I will not support this airline again.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have come to expect a standard of service from Safair and they never disappoint. Even when there is a delay or some other issue, it is handled professionally and efficiently. My luggage has never been misplaced!!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 1 week ago

I have flown with SafAir to and from Cape Town on the weekend. The service was good and the flights were on time. My only concern was that both flights were very full and the moment everybody is on board, somehow they switch off the AC on the plane. We therefore had to sit there in extreme heat for about 20 minutes before we started to taxi to the runway and then the AC was switched on again. I don't know what is the reason for this, but it was extremely uncomfortable.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)