“Airplane is dirty”
Review of TAME Vuela Ecuador

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Booked my trip to Quito from JFK. The plane to Quito was old and very dirty. Seats are very uncomfortable. The same plane travels back and forth the NYC. When we were ready to board to come back to the US we were notified that the plane broke down and together with other 260 passengers we were put in a hotel for what we thought was for one night.

Airline kept telling us lie about the plane and the flight kept getting delayed
We ended up staying 1 WEEK more because of plane problems. I recommend taking any other airline except TAme.

1  Thank Allieman1207

Reviewed 18 September 2018

You certainly get what you pay for! Seats have no cushion, no leg room, plane was probably built in the early 70's but hey, you get the built in ash tray in the arm rest!
Never AGAIN!!! Pay the few extra $ and fly ANYONE else.
The only advantage was that the flight was direct from JFK to Quito. Other than that - use your $ and get a real airline with REAL seats!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Haring91
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We flew TAME flight 551 because it is the only airline to provide nonstop service from JFK to Quito; big mistake! The boarding process at JFK was really disgraceful and completely disorganized. The aircraft was at least 15 - 20 years old and nothing worked. There were screens at every seat, but none of the entertainment systems worked. It was not possible to charge electronic devices, either. The flight crew was unapologetic and quite arrogant. It was really an unpleasant experience. Given this experience, we upgraded to Business Class for the return flight from Quito to JFK (TAME 550), which departs at 1:45 AM; we were hoping to catch a little bit of sleep. Again, the aircraft was aged and like our outbound flight, none of the systems worked. Furthermore, the seats’ features did not work, most notably the leg rests. The breakfast meal served was the same as in Economy and was not eatable. Hind sight is always 20/20, but our next trip will be on United.

1  Thank MDGPLNR
Reviewed 13 September 2018

After reading all of the terrible reviews I was so stressed about going to Ecuador and made a plan B just in case things didn't go as planned. I was so surprised that everything was on time, everything was extremely clean and everyone was so pleasant. I also flew the return from Lago Agrio several days later back to Quito and the flight was on time and everything was very clean - it was spotless and I must have had an upgraded plane with new avionics. I had a trip also booked from Manta to Quito for the day of my night flight back to my home country. I was so worried about that one that I booked the earlier flight on Avianca thinking that TAME would not fly. There were absolutely no surprises! The check in process is very smooth, takes no time at all and I think the employees at TAME go out of their way to make your experience a good one. I can't say enough good things about my experience. It was better than some of the domestic flights in my country for sure!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank moneymoo
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

If it’s possible to give a 0 I would. Horrible customer service. Charged me for extra packages I didn’t ask for. And after booking the flight the lady put the wrong dates and I’m supposed to pay to change the dates. Not my fault she booked the wrong dates. Even the manager wouldn’t help for their mistake. I will NEVER travel Tame again.

1  Thank April G