“extremely bad arlines”
Review of Volotea

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Desk staff never present. Unwilling to take cash payments (why???). To busy apparently. After few hours of chasing them arround the airport and begging to pay(lol) finaly purchased my ticket... Maybe they are underpaid...
At the destination tired and annoyed, walked out of their plane just to find my box ripped out, upside down with parts for my bike missing. Also found some other peoples things inside!! After making a complaint at the Aviapartner Tenerife S.A. desk i was left to my own devices, stuck at the airport for the night. There were some other people there reporting lost luggage as well ... Ruined weekend as well as the jurney i planned. Lost money on hotels, transport, and bike repairs. Not mentioning the stress involved... Never again will i use this airlines!!!!

1  Thank Matt M
Write a ReviewReviews (8 672)

325 - 329 of 8 672 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I was very skeptical about using this airline after reading so many horrible reviews. Ultimately it was the big difference in price that caused me to book 4 tickets on this airline. I did purchase the Mega Volotea membership, which still made the tickets over $150USD less than the next cheapest flights. I read all the fine print in advance about checking luggage, picking seats, etc, and I did buy the package upgrade since every member of our party had at least one checked bag and one carry-on.

My husband is an engineer and worked on aircraft design at Beechcraft for a few years. His only complaint is that we were flying on a very old plane, which made him a little nervous.

The biggest thing to know in advance is to either upload your boarding pass to your phone or print it out before arriving at the airport. If not, it's a big fee per person.

My only slight complaint is more about the Heraklion airport. They serve lots of different airlines and the departure lobby is small by U.S. standards, even for a small airport. The first thing to do when walking into the lobby is finding out the number of the check-in window. Volotea is way at one end of the airport, opposite the main entrance door.

1  Thank cstallwitz
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This flight was a complete disaster from the time we arrived at the airport in Santorini . Terrible ground staff/agents, 1 hour to check in , then charged euro 50 for an extra bag I had already paid for , 3 mths ago ,that wasn’t in their system, plus overweight plus they also had the cheek to charge euro 30 per passenger for the worst check in experience in my many years of flying . Will never fly with this airline ever again. If I could give them a minus score I would have done so gladly .

2  Thank selwyn a
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Don’t be put off by the negative reviews this is a budget operation which my Ryanair doesn’t offer any frills although it is surprisingly efficient and good value for money. The only problem you have to consider is that when you book your tickets online make sure that you are on the company website and not a middleman who will charge you a fee from the booking, our mistake which cost me 50 quid.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Before flying with this airline, I was quite nervous as I had read some pretty scary reviews, but i am happy to report that my experience was just fine! Boarding was fast and efficient, the flight crew were all very nice, the pilots informed us about take off, landing, weather conditions, alerting us that the landing might be bumpy, the seats were comfortable enough and my bag came out in under five minutes. If you fly with Volotea, pay attention to the quirks--i.e. you must PRINT your boarding pass or they will charge you for it at the airport, and also be sure your carry on really is the size they require.On my way home I had to add a checked bag and could not do it through my booking so I emailed them, they sent me a link and it worked and everything was fine. I was also pleased that the crew spoke English, Spanish and Italian (unlike some high cost carriers who don't bother with anything but English!). Other than the seat tray being a little dirty, I had a totally fine experience and I would totally fly them again. THey do fly slightly smaller planes--717s, but this company also has a really high safety rating, which at the end of the day is the most important thing.

1  Thank fearlesstravellerDC