“Very good & on-time flight ”
Review of Viva Aerobus

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We flew from Southern Mexico to Cancun and our experience was very good. Our bags were 1kg over weight and we were charged 360 pesos for this which was a bit annoying given our hand luggage was under the allowance but we were aware of the baggage allowance so guess it’s our own fault.

For a budget airline VivaAerobus are very good. Boarding was quick, the flight was on time & the service on board excellent.

We will definitely fly with Viva Aerobus again.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank Natalie19805
Write a reviewReviews (3 339)

595 - 599 of 3 339 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We flew Viva Aerobus from Las Vegas to Mexico City this weekend. I was very skeptical, but the flight exceeded my expectations. I relied heavily on reviews before booking, so I want to share my experience.

Check-in: We could not print the boarding pass beforehand because it was an international flight. They didn't charge us to print out our passes when we got to the airport in Las Vegas or Mexico City. The line to check-in in Vegas was less than five minutes and the line in Mexico City was about 20 minutes. We got to the airport three hours in advance because of the reviews, but that was way too early. We could have gotten there 1.5 hours early and been fine. In Vegas the check-in counter agent becomes the gate agent, so I would imagine once he heads to the gate then it's too late to check-in.
We bought the cheapest fare, so we were assigned seats at random. On the way back, I requested to sit next to my husband and they accommodated that. We were not charged to sit next to each other.
We did not pay for baggage and packed light. The overhead space is similar to most airplanes and would take a small roller suitcase or duffel bag.

Flight: The plane was new (much newer than most US planes). The seats were comfy, but don't recline. If you're really tall then leg room might be an issue. They do not provide you any snacks or drinks for free. Both snacks and drinks are very cheap and the prices are listed in Pesos. You pay with credit card for snacks and drinks. There is no wifi or TV screens.
Flight attendants were bilingual and announcements on the plane were made in both spanish and english.

We flew with Viva because it was very cheap. It was equivalent to Spirit and Frontier in the US. I am glad we flew with Viva because we saved so much money.

1  Thank JVessels
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Very crowded check-in stations. Not enough staff. Poor air conditioning. Both of our flights were delayed. They lost one of our pieces of baggage. They asked us to fill a lost/damaged report and they gave us a phone number we needed to call to find out the status of their search. Nobody answered (morning/noon/evening). We had to call their corporate offices to get someone to help us track our bag. They found it in the Guadalajara region. The bag was lost on Sunday night and they found it until the following Wednesday. They are sending it to the Juarez airport and we will be able to pick it up on Saturday (almost a week later). Very disappointed. Next time I'll be willing to pay more for tickets in order to get decent service.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Our flight was direct and fast! Nothing like a quick 3+ hour trip to paradise! Seats were a little cramped for my husband but since the flight was direct and quick he was ok.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Two-hour delay followed by 30(!) min of waiting for the luggage bags just to roll...Needless to say that I've missed my next flight.
I had to order another flight that took off only 16 hours later, costing me more than 1,100 dollar and extra work day.

I know that you're trying to be smart with your money by flying with this cheap company - Do yourself a favor and DON'T.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.