“Flight turned around, no organization”
Review of Sky Airline

Reviewed 5 November 2019

You only have a few choices when flying from lima to cusco. We decided to go with Sky as they are a fairly new airline. If you've never been to the Lima airport then that is another review altogether, what a joke.

But, Sky has a very poorly organized team but the plane we were on was very nice and clean, and staff was friendly.

We got turned back to Lima due to bad weather and there was no alternate plan for the passengers. The people became very agitated. Then all of a sudden they decided to come up with a plan because they had no intentions of refunding or rebooking flights at that point.

They told everyone to come back to the counter at 1pm and see if flights were going to go out that day. This was at about 9am.

We decided to go to the counter at about 12:30......good thing because there were 100 people in line. We got to the counter by 12:45 and we got a flight for 1:15....hahahaha. Still had to go through security and just made the flight, as did a few others who were placed on the same flight.

Very poorly organized for these types of situations and not prepared to accommodate passengers who may be stranded. No vouchers, nothing.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (2 041)

80 - 84 of 2 041 reviews

Reviewed 5 November 2019

I did not have a good experience when checking in with any of my SKY flights. I had purchased carry on baggage ahead of time but when I got to the check in the representative tried to say I had not purchased any baggage, I had to go looking through all of my emails for the receipt. Then the bags were just an inch too big to be carry on so we had to pay for entirely separate checked bags instead of just a fee to change from carry on to checked baggage even though we were not going to have carry ons. After this happened with the first flight I purchased checked baggage ahead of time for my remaining flights with SKY but still had a problem with the check in people trying to say I had not purchased bags ahead of time until I showed them my receipt and then somehow the bags magically appeared in their records. Overall very unimpressed with the customer service and difficulty with staff acknowledging bags purchased ahead of time (but you should definitely purchase ahead of time because it is like 3x as expensive to have to pay at the counter).

That being said all of the flights were on time, no delays, pretty efficient boarding. About what you would expect for the planes themselves considering it is a cheap airline.

Would fly them again if the schedule was super convenient but overall would not necessarily recommend.

Reviewed 1 November 2019

Be aware of this airline company! They have a lot of flights in between Cuzco-Lima but then they cancel them and don't refund the money back :(. I'm trying to have the refund since two months ago...

Date of travel: September 2019
Reviewed 28 October 2019

Having paid for a return ticket Lima- Trujillo - Lima and ( according to the thieves that run this show ) allowed to change dates and times without penalty, we were advised when changing dates that this would involve a further payment of $142 Us ( the fare is 86$ US).
And if you do not like it .... tough.

DO NOT FLY WITH THESE CROOKS !!!

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 21fiftyone
Reviewed 25 October 2019

Quite a new airline I suppose. On check in the staff barely spoke English. When I asked if there was a meal on the flight, she did not bother to answer and just looked at me. I repeated the question and added sign language but she did not bother to try to answer. So much for that. In the plane, seatbelts were not checked before take off. They also failed to collect any garbage after drinks were served. Drinking water had to be purchased. Please at least serve us water only for free ! It doesn't cost much. Before touchdown a water bottle and some little garbage could be seen rolling on the floor. Another thing was the flight attendant who was serving the front rows physically prevented me from going to the front toilet just because a lady in front of me asked her first where the toilet was. The flight attendant could have let me pass her but she blocked my way and pointed to the lady. Very bad move. I have never experienced this.

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank fishlover22
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.