“Great low-cost airline ”
Review of Sky Airline

Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

Absolutely love Sky airline! They’re low cost so of course you will have to pay for add ons, but usually they are STILL cheaper than other airlines. You can pick up flights for the equivalent of £10. Usually pretty punctual, friendly staff and good service. Always recommend them!

Date of travel: March 2019
2  Thank isabellapx_
Write a reviewReviews (2 041)

100 - 104 of 2 041 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2019

We were given tickets to this airline by our travel agency. It's a low cost airline. We don't speak Spanish and had difficulty understanding the ground crew. We had flown from Ft. Lauderdale with our carry on and our luggage sizes were 25x35x55. We had no issues with the carry ons not only international but domestic as well. However, while waiting on the boarding line in Cusco to fly to Lima, the ground crew saw our carry ons and our US passports on our hands and told us to pay $40 per carry on. I tried to challenge it with no success. He showed the luggage port if our carry ons can fit there. I checked it by placing the carry on into the port but missed it by 1cm. Correct 1 cm! The crew looked at me negatively and said $40. We ended up paying $80 for both of our carry ons although I was 100 percent sure my luggage is within the required dimensions. I did not have the tape to measure the port but obviously it was smaller than the sizes mentioned.
To a bigger surprise all the Peruvian customers had the carry ons with some much thicker and larger than our carry ons but their identifications were not US passports. They had hard time staging their carry ons into the overheads in the plane, but airline stewardesses assisted them to fit. Clearly, they are ripping off the US passport holders and I strongly suggest readers of this post to hide their passports and show their driver licences instead. The ground crew has been clearly told to scan the passports on hand. A total discrimination and double standard!
In the meantime the airline seats were extremely uncomfortable and tight, not because I disagreed with the treatment. They don't decline at all. Even the water is with money. Do not recommend anyone using this airline.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank BirTurk
Reviewed 20 July 2019

Very uncomfortable seats, legroom very small, poor food choice extremly low quality even for a low cost airline worst in my experience...

Reviewed 14 July 2019

The aircraft was a brand new A320Neo. None of the seats were reclining. Seat was very uncomfortable. The cabin crew were indifferent. No vegetarian food request taken during booking by my agent Thomas Cook.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 10 July 2019

Everything from the check in process to the boarding was flawless with excellent employees at every step of the way. The airplane seemed fairly new and was very spacious. No hidden costs, I would suggest paying for your checked in luggage or any other fees online since it is way cheaper than at airport.

Date of travel: July 2019
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.