We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Bucharest...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hello! Several girlfriends of mine will be traveling to Mykonos in June. We are not big on the party scene and would like a good location to stay and be near a nice beach. Any suggestions of what areas of the island to stay at or a nice ($$affordable) place to stay.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
96 replies to this topic
Montgomery, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
71. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hello!!!! My Boyfriend and I will be traveling to Mykonos the end of April. We're not too interested in the beach. I was told it wasn't beach season in April. We would like to see some of the main attractions during the day and enjoy some of the party scenes at night. Any suggestions???? Should we stay in Mykonos Town? Can anyone make any hotel recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 119 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

It's not beach season in April and the beach areas are still just opening up for the summer season (which starts May 1), so you'd be best staying in Mykonos Town especially since the beach isn't a priority for you. Bear in mind that the party scene will be very low key in late April, simply because it's low season and there won't be many tourists on the island at that point.

For hotels, checking major booking sites where you can search according to your precise travel dates and accommodation budget. Once you find places that appeal to you, check reviews on both those sites and here on TripAdvisor. Then check the hotels' own websites to see if you get a better deal booking through them. Many Mykonos hotels offer discounts for booking directly with them.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Montgomery, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
73. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

WOW!!! Thanks so much for the information.

Montgomery, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
74. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

I'm viewing the list of hotels in Mykonos Town. Do anyone have any suggestions of hotels that have breathtaking view at night?

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
NSW
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
75. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

My boyfriend and I are staying in Mykonos is August. We have chosen to stay at Hotel Nazos.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Nazos Hotel
Nazos Hotel
292 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1 697 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hi there are many hotels in town which have good views and of varying prices too. I would suggest visiting a site like booking.com and looking at their photos and reading the hotel introductions plus reviews of previous guests. Here on tripadvisor many guests post their own photos too so it's worth looking at them to get a better idea if its the sort of view you are after

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 119 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

I could easily list three dozen properties that have great views, but not all rooms will have amazing views. Some places will have fantastic views from their common areas (eg pools, bars, terraces) as well as many of the rooms, but some rooms could have a garden view, a side town or sea view, or a view of nothing but a wall or another room's balcony or terrace. Checking photos in hotel listings, hotel websites and guest reviews can be meaningless unless the photo identifies the view as being from a specific room, and you are able to book that specific room.

If a great view from your room or its balcony is crucial for you, be sure to get the hotel to confirm that the room you're booking does indeed have that great view you want.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hi Donny, I am looking to go with my wife at the end of September for 4 nights. We want to be near lively bars and restaurants but want a nice hotel with a pool.....but happy to bus to beaches. Is Myk Town best for this or somewhere else please? Also what’s best way to get to Myk town ....plane etc

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 119 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

The travel season is winding down at that time so, yes, Mykonos Town would be the best place to base yourselves (especially since you're content to take buses to beaches in daytime).

There's only two ways to get to Mykonos: ferry & flight. Your profile doesn't indicate where you are, but some cities in Europe have direct flight connections to Mykonos. Otherwise you would have to fly via Athens. Ferries can be taken from the Athens ports of Piraeus and Rafina.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Europe
Europe
World
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos

Hi Donny, Wow you know a lot about Mykonos! I am looking into going to Mykonos end of May with my husband. Could you suggest which areas/hotels to stay? We are looking to spend 200-400 euros per night. I know that is a big spread but it really depends on what we are getting! We love the beach but we would probably be interested in going out for a few nights!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Reply to: Best area/place to stay in Mykonos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town