We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

New Milton, United...
1 post
Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

My hubby and I went wif me sister in law and her hubby (who’s Greek Cypriots so I suppose that gives me extra P̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ points for giving knowledgeably opinions) anyway, so we stayed for 5 days in various hotels (3* & no, I won’t say which as all we’re decent but tia ain’t my point) and my complaints are: why’s ALL the MYKONOS buildings gotta be all so white!?!? Sooo glarey I had to wear my day CoCo Chanele sunnies even into the evening, why cant they at least paint half of the buildings like ...a nice black colour so it won’t be so intrusive!? Also, it was soo hot when we got there we’d just been at Heathrow like an hour ago, where we had air conditioning...couldn’t they at least make it a bit of a, like, gentle adjustment!? Another thing that bothered me was all the tourists there!!? Like, I know it’s mid summer but seriously I bumped into Chezza my hair dresser who I’ve stopped seeing past four months since she f/ed up my extensions...plus two lads who I’d hooked up with back home in Milton Keynes only a week ago!!?? I mean, ok it’s holidays and all but I want some local cultures!?

Lastly, it’s bad enough that they can’t even organise some air conditioners for outdoors to make it cooler but also the sea water was as warm as my....pee! And no I didn’t pee in it! Hot outside, can’t even cool off in the seas and then worst of all when I do want to report something, all the staff can barely speak English!!? This is Mykonos, hello!? All me and my mates have come from England and they can’t even manage to get some English speaking people for me to chat to in the bars, clubs, beach...like, I’m on holidays a girl wants to have some fun when her cuck..err, her partner has gone bk to our room to find me my contact lens I dropped...he’s gone long enough, surely a girl should be allowed to have some chit chat with the locals!? But no, no English.

Very disappointed Mykonos.

I’m sorry but I won’t be back, Aya Napa I’m certain will be the difference I’m looking for. 🌊🌊🏊🏼‍♂️🏊🏼‍♂️🏊🏼‍♂️🍸🍹🍾🥂🍷🍷

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

obvious troll is obvious

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
6 895 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

Yes an obvious troll trying to be funny. No idea why TA reinstated it after it was deleted. I suggest best to ignore so it disappears down the forums (I know I’m not following my own advice but it’s near the top right now so I’m not bumping it up far).

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
15 979 posts
3. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

Will likewise add a comment whilst it is on page one. What a pile of rubbish!! Not even well written. And the comments regarding "English" recall pot, kettle & black!! TA have gone truly doolally to reinstate this cr@p!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1 283 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

How has this been reinstated.TA please tell us..

Frustrating when you see genuine posts that have much support and concern from regulars deleted.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
7 004 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

Start talking about donkey and other animal abuse in Greece - that'll soon get it closed down.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 887 posts
6. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

or about pretty much anything that is not positive in london forum...terrorist attacks,acid attacks,stabbings, yet they chat away about football matches and sites..all negative posts deleted in seconds

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 642 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

Well clearly TA has totally lost the plot and any fool can post and its ok

recently complained about a member whose pic is Hitler no replie from TA ,

complained about a fool who is talking about a massage / sex with young people guess what both still posting so sadly rubbish like this will continue !!!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14 701 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

Funny how New Milton their location, changes to Milton Keynes in the post lol

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
15 979 posts
9. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

And does her hubby - or partner? (or maybe both) know she was hooking up with guys back home last week? Bet she drives a convertible with the top down & aircon blowing full blast. LOL!!

Sounds like hoof steps on Mykonos - & rather than donkeys it is Billy Goat Gruff clippety cloppety over the rickety bridge under which this troll has been granted sanctuary by a trainee TA moderator. Avoid anything travel, have some fun & see how long this lasts!

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1 283 posts
80 reviews
10. Re: Too glarey, too white, too many tourists

Lasting too long Tspiouro...

Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town
Recent Conversations