We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

Hi my friends and i are looking to book mykonos for a week in mid june. 2 of us like the beach, the other friend prefers a pool. Would we be better in ornos or mykonos... which apartments have a pool? Also will the resort/ beaches be really busy in june. We like lively and chill out type bars. Not too bothered about the big clubs. Any recomendations appreciated.

9 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 122 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

<which apartments have a pool?>

Suggest you check online reservation sites like booking.com etc. to see what's available for your precise travel dates -- especially since you can search according to your own budget and preferences for amenities such as pools.

There are accommodations with pools at Ornos, and there are accommodations with pools at Mykonos Town.

Ornos has several chill-out restaurant bars along the beach, while there are many in Mykonos Town.

Another option to consider is Platis Gialos, from which you can easily walk to other beaches (Psarou, Agia Anna, Paraga, Paradise) where you'll find a variety of places to eat, drink and be entertained. Platis Gialos actually is better located, in my opinion, than Ornos.

The island will be bustling in mid June but not super-crowded as it will be during July and throughout August.

Mentioned in this post
Ornos
Ornos
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

Thanks for the reply. Will the beach be really crowded by middle of june, as i dont like being hemmed in like a sardine. Or will there be plenty of space/ beds to hire?

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

If you don’t like ‘being hemmed in like a sardine’ on the beach, Mykonos may not be for you. Since we first visited the island in 1997, the explosion of sunbeds on beaches has been incredible. We always visit the islands in June, and when we last visited Elia Beach a few years ago the first line of sunbeds were literally touching the water! Sunbed-free bits of beach have become hard to find. Don’t let this put you off though, because as much as I love quiet, authentic islands, Mykonos town is beautiful, and at night has to be seen to be believed!

Mentioned in this post
Elia Beach
Elia Beach
1 896 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8 007 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

Beaches will be busy in June. I can’t imagine what they are like in August.

Mykonos, Greece
Level Contributor
240 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

Hello, beaches will not be busy in June, i dont know why somebody said so.

I live in Mykonos and be sure mid june you will have all the beach you want. I suggest you to stay near the beach but also have a pool if you like. In Ornos there are many places , or you can see in Platis Yalos , there are hotels on the beach with pool and in mid june prices are not expensive. Plus from platis Yalos you can reach by foot Paraga and Paradise beach. Also from there public transportation is frequest for Mykonos Town.

If you need help i will be there in june and may suggest you interesting places to visit

Mentioned in this post
Ornos
Ornos
Mykonos, Greece
Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach
1 746 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

Thanks Ricardo thats very helpful. I looked at Ornos, preferred a hotel on the beach however because there are 3 of us we need apartments, near the beach but with a pool and bar preferably. Also ive been to Skiathos Town and loved it. Is Mykonos Town similar? If so i’ll love it

Mentioned in this post
Ornos
Ornos
Mykonos, Greece
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Mykonos Town
Mykonos Town
Mykonos, Greece
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 122 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

<<because there are 3 of us we need apartments>>

Do you mean you need a place with 2 or 3 bedrooms?

Since you want a pool and bar as well, you'd be looking more for a hotel to get those amenities than "apartments," unless you choose a specialty location with maisonettes or family suites with multiple bedrooms.

Edited: 08 March 2018, 23:08
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

No i dont need a place with 2 or 3 bedrooms. I need an apartment to accomodate 3 adults or a hotel room that will fit 3 of us in. We dont want seperate rooms we celebrating our birthdays..

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 122 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town

I simply asked for clarification because in one sentence you said your preference was a hotel but because there are 3 of you, you need apartments. Note your use of the plural for apartments. This suggests multiple rooms.

Many hotels on Mykonos have rooms that can accommodate 3 adults. As I suggested in a previous post, you can easily find these places by searching on the major online booking sites.

Reply to: Apartments in ornos or mykonos town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town