We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help in Mykonos

Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Help in Mykonos

Hi!

My husband and I will be going to Mykonos in September we have narrowed down our hotel choices and would love some help choosing...

1) kirini

2) Katikies

3) Mykonos bay

4) Aktis

Or we are open to any others we just want to stay on the beach. Thanks for the help!!

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
18 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

A very curious shortlist of hotels for someone looking to stay "on the beach" since only one of the four actually is in such a location.

Unless you are planning to rent a car for the duration of your stay, Mykonos Bay Hotel is the only one that will be convenient for access to Mykonos Town (only 10 minutes' walking distance) and the stations where you catch buses to major beach areas. It's on Megali Ammos which is one of the least beautiful beaches of Mykonos, but the sea and sunset views are fantastic and the proximity to Town can't be beat.

Katikies hasn't opened yet and is brand new for 2018, so nobody can tell you what it is like.

Kirini is in one of the more isolated areas of Mykonos and a car will be essential unless you intend to spend your entire time at the hotel.

Aktis is on a hill above Super Paradise which is another inconvenient area to stay without a vehicle. There is no local bus service to the beach, only a shuttle bus operated by the Super Paradise beach club, and the daytime shuttle boat service to other beaches.

Have a look at Branco Hotel on Platis Gialos (in my opinion the best-situated and most convenient beach area to stay at on Mykonos), and the Mykonos Blu (direct access onto Psarou beach and a 10-minute walk to Platis Gialos) .

If being right on a beach isn't essential, there are other hotels to choose from that aren't in out-of-the way locations. But if privacy and isolation is what you'd like, flip a coin and pick a place on your shortlist.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos Bay Hotel
Mykonos Bay Hotel
972 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
119 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Psarou
Psarou
Mykonos, Greece
Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

Thanks... so I guess being on the beach is not tooo important. We want to have a nice relaxing hotel and would love a private hot tub. We are thinking about renting atvs to get around. So I guess we are open to suggestions. Would like to be under $400 a night.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

Well if being steps from the beach isn't important after all, why not choose one of the places you mentioned?

For alternative options, check sites like booking.com and expedia, as well as the hotel section here on TripAdvisor, where you can search for accommodations according to your specific travel dates, personal preferences and budget. If you find places you like, check the reviews for them on each site. Then check the booking forms on individual hotel websites -- often places will offer discounts for direct bookings.

There are dozens and dozens of hotels on Mykonos with a wide variety of rates that vary depending upon month and specific days of the week for booking, so nobody would be able to give you a list of places to consider in your budget.

Rent a car instead of an ATV -- it will be much safer for the crazy road and traffic conditions on Mykonos.

Edited: 03 February 2018, 20:13
Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

Do you like any of the 4 I have listed? Or if you have top 3 what do you recommend.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

As I mentioned earlier, Katikies hasn't opened yet so nobody can tell you what it's like.

Kirini and Aktis are fairly new additions to Mykonos and, in my opinion, are not in good locations for easy access to dining, bars, nightlife or anything else.

I have often seen but not stayed at Mykonos Bay, but do know someone (whose opinions I trust and respect) who does stay there regularly and who highly recommends it. Based on its very convenient location, it's the one I will say that I like out of the 4. I don't like staying in remote locations on Mykonos -- I have done it once and won't do it again -- and that's why I'd recommend Mykonos Bay.

I'd be inclined to recommend one of the others to someone who was going to Mykonos during August, when the island is at its busiest and most crowded, and who wanted to avoid busy areas altogether.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

Thanks for all of your help!

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

I am between Katikies and Branco,

For a copule in August

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

Juliana P: Yes, we know -- you already posted a question about the hotels today ;) : https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g189430…

Did you read the response?

13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

No, I only saw now. Tks

13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Help in Mykonos

Do you prefer Cavo Tagoo or Branco ?

Mentioned in this post
Cavo Tagoo
Cavo Tagoo