We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Perth, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Hey my husband and i are travelling in august 2018. we are limited with time as we have mykonos 2 nights and Santorini 4 nights. looking for suggestions of where to stay for both and things to do to get the most out of it for the time we are there, which areas are the best? we do like the nightlife so happy to be around busier areas in mykonos and looking for relaxing areas in santorini enjoy beaches views and food!

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
8 replies to this topic
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1 601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Hi stay in Mykonos town plenty of nightlife to keep you happy and with easy bus access to the popular beaches daytime. With regards to Santorini if you never been there before stay in either Fira or Oia for them fantastic views though Fira is more convenient for buses if you want to visit other parts of the island. Santorini is not known for its beaches so if this is a priority for you then maybe spend an extra night on Mykonos. If you want to stay at a beach resort on Santorini then take a look at Perissa its a lovely chilled out resort with lots of restaurants and bars along the seafront. Both islands will be heaving in August so just be prepared for lots of tourists

Edited: 28 January 2018, 21:06
Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Stay in mykonos town nice place but gets very busy and expensive visit shortly Valentine's beach and ornos nice place and beach.

England, United...
Level Contributor
922 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Santorini Imerovigli is the best for me because it’s in the middle of Fira and oia and it has the best views I can advise you on where to stay depending on your budget per night .ive been many times once I stayed in imerovigli for three months in my friends villa which is now Sofia Suites .

4. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2018, 12:28

Surat, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

I am looking for a stay for Honeymoon in Santorini , can you advise regarding hotel ?

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
7 085 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Nihit, your question is different to the original poster’s so it is better to start your own thread where people can respond directly to you. Click where it says “ask a question “.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
7 085 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Amanda, in Santorini , staying in the beach resort of perissa is a good way to make your money go much further in terms of accommodation, food and drink. It’s also a lot less busy and staff in restaurants have time to be friendly. Beaches are dark and gritty but it’s still a pleasant relief from the cruise ship crowds of Fira. It’s easy enough to get to Fira by bus when you want your fix of caldera views.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018

Anndava, I am going to be on Santorini at the end of August/Sept. Is there more to do in Imeravigli than Oia at night? Not interested in bars.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Reply to: Mykonos & Santorini August 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town