We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos Nightlife

Greater Manchester...
5 posts
Save Topic
Mykonos Nightlife

Hi,

We have booked to go to Mykonos in August 2018.

Could anyone tell me when the summer events / club DJ announcements will be?

We are going for 5 nights so want to make sure we go to the best night spots / beach parties.

Any recommendations welcome

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
10 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

You're asking far too early .... clubs and bars haven't even announced their season opening dates.

The only place that announces a complete summer party & DJ lineup is Cavo Paradiso,and they usually release their schedules in late May. Last year SantAnna and Alemagou issued special event lineups, as well, but again those weren't released until late spring.

Most bars and clubs do not issue schedules for the whole summer, and tend to announce parties less than a week before the actual date. Many events aren't publicized until a couple of days beforehand, or even the day they are taking place.

The one certainty is that since August is peak season, that's when the best parties will take place and that's when Cavo will bring in the top international DJs. There will be parties every night at Cavo and plenty of other daily & nightly parties elsewhere on the island during August.

I list Mykonos events on my personal blog, so you can see what happened during August of last year at this link: http://tinyurl.com/MykParties2017 It will give you a good idea of what the nightlife will be like again this year.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1 593 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

Hi you see advertising for events and parties all over the island on posters and you can't really miss them. They usually appear 1 to 3 days before the events actually happen so you just need to keep an eye out for them once you on the island and then buy tickets in advance from the promoters who wander the beaches or in town. The beach parties at Paradise and Super Paradise are basically the same every night so regarding theses you can just visit them anytime you fancy

Edited: 24 January 2018, 21:45
Mentioned in this post
Super Paradise Beach
Super Paradise Beach
1 406 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
District Heights...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

I will be in Mykonos for my birthday June 13th - June 17th will there at least be something going on, will it be hot enough for the beach, I sure hope. I want to have a fun time

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

Yes of course there will be nightlife and beach parties at that time of June, and the weather should be great for beach enjoyment (unless you can't tolerate swimming in chilly water).

Minneapolis...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

So they have parties all days of the week? Do I need to be sure my travel to the island includes weekend to party?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

If you're travelling in the second half of June, anytime in July and August or during early September, there will be parties every day and night. Outside of those periods you'll find plenty of bars & clubs open every day and night but usually not jam-packed with people, so the partying will be much lower-key than in peak season.

District Heights...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

so the water is going to be chilly, I was hoping for really hot at least 90 degrees

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8 001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

90 degree sea temperatures? Not a chance in June. The average water temp for that month is about 72 degrees. It's not the Caribbean.

Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

Hi Donny,

Myself, my partner and two friends are booked for 23 May, I'm not too fussed if it's not crazy busy, but will it at least be fairly lively? And is it still sun tan catching weather?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22 681 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mykonos Nightlife

90 degree water.. isnt that like a bathtub.. ew.. lol

We have been in mid May and while not hot.. the water was fine for swimming.. by June it will be good.

I dont think I have been anywhere that has sea temps of 90.. and that includes the Caribbean in july.... where do you find those temps?

Reply to: Mykonos Nightlife
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town