We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV rent at Myconos ;)

3 posts
Save Topic
ATV rent at Myconos ;)

Hey everyone,

We thought about renting an atv's at Mykonos.

Is there something that we need to know before it?

Is it safe to drive there?

Is there any spacific place that you can say that is reliable to rent from?

29 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

Hello, drive in Mykonos is dangerous. So first you need an international driving licence, than be careful, usually its better to rent near where you are staying, theare are you staying?

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

We will stay at the Andromeda Residence.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

I saw one turn over coming round the corner in town. Be very careful better to hire small car.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

We just returned from 4 days on Mykonos. My two 20 something sons couldn't wait to get on a scooter or an ATV/quad. I didn't so much care until I saw the roads and the other drivers! Even our hired driver quietly whispered to me "Not to interfere with your parenting, but don't let them rent quads". In speaking with him later, he said that the roads are full of drivers/riders from many different countries, with differing road rules, riding on unfamiliar vehicles, usually in tandem, in various states of inebriation, navigating steep terrain with poor sight lines and no traffic lights. Luckily the ride from the airport to our hotel gave them enough opportunity to evaluate their survival chances.

Athens
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

Ok everybody relax... Yes it is dangerous as already described. Off course you dont expect to have a freeway for an island that has the size of a coin. Its amazing experience renting a QUAD in Mykonos as long as you have common logic. Speeding is bad if you do it on the island. 90% of the accidents happen because the person that suffered the accident was going crazy fast. I work in Mykonos and I drive scooters and QUADS from May to October. If you have common logic its very nice here. I wouldn t rent a car not in a 1000 years. Mykonos you go for vacation and the sun to burn you while you ride. Thats it... Its the only place on the planet I believe that I can drive a Quad while holding a VODKA bottle talking on my cell phone. Yes I know this is reckless of somebody to do, BUT on the other hand this is what everybody comes for. To do things they cant do at home...... to cut a long story short, take a 150cc quad (dont take the smalls) and hit the road....

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

I agree with @zavaroudikos, renting an atv/ bike is the best thing to do in Mykonos or any of the bigger islands as it makes your life easy. Mykonos is bigger than some of the neighbouring Cyclades islands hence, it's better to have your own conveyance. Usually the hotels have a rental company on their panel else you can just try your luck with any rental service provider on the street.

I had rented a quad through "George rent a bike" near the city center. He provided pick up and drop facility to our hotel in agios iaonnis as part of the fee.

Rome, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

How much did you pay?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

I second @zavaroudiko. We rented an ATV for 2 days. The hardest part is listening to the instructions on how to operate the quad (when you want to shift gears, coming to a full stop etc.) Key is to drive cautiously around turns and just drive safely! If you are going too slow, people will go around you, don't worry. We paid 35 euro at Anemos

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: ATV rent at Myconos ;)

How much was it for a week to rent an ATV? Thanks

Reply to: ATV rent at Myconos ;)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town
Recent Conversations