We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

We rented a car in ORCAR (Las Vistas, Tenerife) and our experience was perfect: excellent attention, both in the collection and in the delivery of the car. Complete and friendly explanation of all the details. Perfect car and conditions met. No surprises I rented it online through the "autoreisen" page. Totally recommended.

19 replies to this topic
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
517 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

I'm confused. Rented online from Orcar through Autoreisen?

It's not the first time this has been implied on TA, but on one thread there was never any clear facts and on another some but not all posters thought they were the same company. Elsewhere it was implied they are brokers.

Edited: 14 February 2018, 15:13
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
517 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

"Elsewhere it was implied they are brokers." Sorry - not clear. (Missed the edit.) I mean it was implied in an earlier thread that Orcar are brokers.

Edited: 14 February 2018, 15:15
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

yes, I booked the car at Autoreisen website, and when they confirmed my booking, they inform me to collect the car at ORCAR (I supose ORCAR is just the intermediary or collaborator or broker, as you say).

England
Level Contributor
7 370 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

Nice first post

Edited: 14 February 2018, 20:14
Cardiff
Level Contributor
300 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

Why this arrangement when Autoreisen desk is near the exit in the airport??

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
517 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

"Why this arrangement when Autoreisen desk is near the exit in the airport??"

To be fair to the OP, she hired in the Las Vistas area, not the airport.

I'm still struggling to understand what arrangement Orcar and Autoreisen have with each other. Are AR really acting as brokers for Orcar (or the other way round)?

P.S. A possible explanation: there is a website which seems to link to Autoreisen - https://www.arcarhire. Is there confusion between Orcar and Arcar? Does Arcarhire really mean A(uto)R(eisen)car hire? Perhaps someone who knows what name actually appears on the premises could enlighten us.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2 788 posts
69 reviews
7. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

We rented a car from Autoreisen this week in/near Fañabe for 3 days and also picked up/dropped off at an Orcar office. We were wondering how on earth a VW Polo could clock up 99,000km (maybe they shipped it in?), but the car was in great shape and the service was hassle-free.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2 788 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

Back at the hotel, so I have read through the paperwork:

The car we hired was the property of Orcar Canarias S.L.

We didn’t pay until we collected the car, so maybe Autoreisen is just a web platform.

It worked anyway.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
744 posts
414 reviews
9. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

Don't know how it works, but it does. I book on line with AutoReisen & the booking says pick up at Orcar. I have a week booked early March & the price is 16 euros cheaper picking up at Orcar offices than up at the Airport, now that I don't understand!!. The cars & service is just the same, so why worry about understanding. Just enjoy their good service with no hidden catches!

England
Level Contributor
7 370 posts
82 reviews
10. Re: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!

Am I the only one who thinks it a bit strange that crsitina's only contribution to TA is to recomend a company?

Reply to: ORCAR rent a car in Tenerife (Las VIstas): I recomend !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations