We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice tapas bar

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
nice tapas bar

hi

we are staying at Villa Cortes ,could anyone recommend a nice tapas bar within walking distance of the hotel,when staying there we always head into the old town in the evening

many thanks

13 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice tapas bar

Bar Rosy is good. Walk up past Mango and Bitacora turn left at Zentral Centre. Bar Rosy is about 400 mtrs on the left. Opposite Guardia Civil office.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 583 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice tapas bar

Our favourite is la cuevita del mar in the el camison area.

The tapas are freshly made.

It is a small restaurant run by a married couple you can buy the tapas in tapas size or portion size.

Tapas prices start at 2.50 euros

My favourites are

Black pudding with rice

Grilled octopus

Fried fish

Grilled cheese

If you look on here in restaurant reviews there is a menu in the photos.

The paella and lamb chops are highly recommended as well.

Out of your hotel turn left walk until you come to the Mango shop turn right here, walk up the road passing the vulcano hotel when you come to the junction at Andorra apt’s, cross over and keep walking with the wasteland on your right, then you come to a junction with a electrical shop cross over and on the corner is a cafe is is just after this.

Edited: 10 February 2018, 21:51
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice tapas bar

Thank you so much

Will look these up

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1 506 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice tapas bar

Strange, but I don't associate Tenerife with tapas! I know a few places that serve them and there is a nice small deli in Los Cris (back street). The Willows used to have a set price eat as much as you want tapas for an hour I think, but that changed hands. I'm not sure if the current owners carried the offer on?

Is there a 'tapas ruta' event or events in Tenerife?

Very popular in the Costa del Sol and I've taken part various ones. Fuenngirola have a massive event around early November, but many others throughout the year. Torremolinos and Benalmadea / Arroyo have many.

A great way and fun to try various tapas - connected to a theme - for a few euros which gives a tapa and a drink (small beer or wine etc).

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol
Province of Malaga, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice tapas bar

There was a Tapas route a few years ago, but the bars advertised were very far apart. El Medano and Granadilla for instance. The route around Arroyo you could walk from bar to bar.

Mentioned in this post
El Medano
El Medano
1 357 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1 506 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice tapas bar

Thanks MB, that's what I feared. A shame.

I was lucky enough to participate in the Erotica tapas ruta last November (Fuengirola) and that was fantastic.

I like Arroyo though and actually won a prize last March (10 stamps in the tapasporte) - €70 or €75 to spend at the marina. Didn't go that far though, due to high prices!

Waiting for the flight release for November (easyJet) and do the Fuengirola one again.

Portugal
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1 626 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice tapas bar

There are lots of tapas routes held in various parts of Tenerife throughout the year, but they're more in traditional areas rather than resorts. In the south, where the Canarian population is far lower than the north, the participating restaurants tend to be spread out more. In the bigger traditional towns in the north there are lots of participating restaurants within walking distance of each other when these tapas routes are held. We've enjoyed loads of them.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1 506 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice tapas bar

Thanks Jack and that makes sense.

Strange though that an area from Los Cris to Costa Adeje can't get a good few dozen participating bars and restaurants for a tapas ruta.

Yes, very touristy and mainly Brit and Chinese owned bars and restaurants.

A shame the area isn't more say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Spanish. ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Cardiff
Level Contributor
257 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nice tapas bar

It's out of your way but if you find yourself wandering around the Big Sur/Trip Tenerife area try Bodega el Parral on Avenue Juan Carlos.

Lovely food at very reasonable prices.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Carlos
Carlos
1 296 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
258 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nice tapas bar

+1 for Bar Rosy's, very much a locals bar, but go in and have a look at the tapas and ask what they all are (the waitress speaks excellent English). Prices for tapas and drinks always very reasonable. Sarah likes the "Clara" in here, which is a lemon shandy drink, very refreshing on a hot day!

Also, "Menta y Limon" on the walkway between Tenerife Royal Gardens and Med Palace. Not as traditional as Rosy's, some of it is pre-prepared, but they do a sharing tapas tasting platter for two which is very nice. The Sangria in here is lethal!

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife Royal Gardens
Tenerife Royal Gardens
331 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Reply to: nice tapas bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
;