We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
129 posts
21 reviews
3 helpful votes
Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to the mall in Lephalale from Ibala Bala Game Lodge (It appears on google maps that you have to drive through D’Nyala Nature Reserve - 20 mins). Is this possible after dusk?

Thanks Tracy

6 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
9 897 posts
25 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

I’d send an email to Ibala Bala for info. It looks like the R33 is the only convenient way to go. Many reserves have major roads through them. Just be careful if you go after dusk.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
129 posts
21 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

Thanks for your reply. I couldn’t find their website (they seem to book only through booking agents). Probably wouldn’t be much later than dusk we would be travelling but I wasn’t sure if there were gates that closed after dark.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
9 897 posts
25 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

I don’t know - I haven’t been to that part of the Waterberg (but I doubt there’s a gate). Ibala Bala seems to have a Facebook page. Can you shop on the way instead of waiting until after you get there?

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
129 posts
21 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

Call me old fashioned but I am not on Facebook!

We are flying into J’burg, picking up the rental and heading up that way. The plan is to shop and eat at the mall (we were there in 2018 and will be able to pick up everything we need), before heading to the lodge but it may mean that we are running out of daylight by the time we finish at the mall.

Thanks for your help.

Gauteng, South...
Level Contributor
5 407 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

Ibala Bala's contact details according to that Facebook page: email ibalabalagamelodge@gmail.com ;phone +2782 970 3098.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
129 posts
21 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Save

Great, thanks for the info

Reply to: Ibala Bala Game Lodge to Lephalale Mall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bela Bela
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.