We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation in godalming

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2 304 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Budget accommodation in godalming

Hi I would like to know if hostels or other budget accommodation is available in the town. My sister will be there for a couple of weeks in october as she will be spending a bit of time working in the Niall Fitzpatrick vet practice in Eashing . As she is a student she is looking for cheap but good accommodation. Also are their buses that travel from the town to the practice. Thanks any help much appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2 932 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accommodation in godalming

The practice is on the hill above the town, about where the 'W; of Westbrook is on the bus map here:

surreycc.gov.uk/__data/…Godalming-WEB-Map.pdf

There is a much shorter route on foot via a footpath from the back of the railway station.

|Times here:

surreycc.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/buses-an…

Godalming is not a cheap place, but there is an Innkepers Lodge on the High Street and a Premier Inn further out at the Manor House. The practice probably have some names of people who will let rooms to visiting students.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4 439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accommodation in godalming

There a community group on Facebook for godalming. I'm sure if your friend joined it and asked there about a room for a few weeks, there will be offers of spare rooms to rent. There aren't many cheap options there for hotels and the cheapest is probably The Godalming Hotel, but even that might be too much for your friend.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2 304 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accommodation in godalming

Great thanks for all the info. It will help alot.

Essex
Level Contributor
31 536 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget accommodation in godalming

She should first ask the practice. It is likely they will have some kind of arrangement for students that are "seeing practice".

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12 177 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget accommodation in godalming

Hi there

If you do post on the Godalmimg Community Board then the Vet practice is located within walking distance to two large local community housing estates called Aaron's Hill and Ockford Ridge ..so if looking for B&B accomodation these estates are your best bet :-) in the other direction is Eashing a beautful small hamlet with I believe has a couple of B&B s too but these will be expensive......you also have The Stag Plublic House as well - which is also In walking distance to the practice and has accomodation, but again is going to be expensive

Reply to: Budget accommodation in godalming
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Godalming