We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Polignano worth the trip ?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Is Polignano worth the trip ?

I am travelling Italy 2018 from London to Venice-Florence-Amalfi - Polignano mare maybe,trip was for the cave restaurant but i dont like the bad reviews. Then to Caulonia then Rome then Sardinia. Is this town Polignano Mare any different to other coastal towns?, as it is out of the way

29 replies to this topic
new york
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
21. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

Hi, polignano is highly touristy.. only signifient difference is cliff rock formation - caves. It was cool to be in the cave used to be the summer home of noble class but the restautant is highy over rated. When we went in early May, it was freezingly cold. Also the hotel above restaurant was in the renovation. We could not look down to whole see the cave and cliff.

London
Level Contributor
520 posts
16 reviews
22. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

I'm not sure I'd call Polignano 'highly touristy' - it might seem that way in August around Ferragosto, perhaps, but generally it's just nicely bustling. The cave restaurant really isn't worth it but you can see the cave and others like it if you walk round the cliff edge of the old town. In summer you can also take a boat trip there.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
23. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

What are good restaurants here?

Murfreesboro
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
24. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

It is a coastal town but absolutely beautiful! I stayed there for 3 days in a small villa just to relax before traveling to Croatia. I did go to the cave restaurant & it was fabulous! Pricey but excellent!

dallas/fort worth
Level Contributor
187 posts
50 reviews
25. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

Beautiful Poglinano a Mare, the people are friendly and the views are beautiful. It's easy to explore and walk around the historic center. Every restaurant so far has been good. I'm not going to eat octopus though!

1 post
26. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

what is your fav restaurant in Polignano?

Murfreesboro
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
27. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

There is so many good restaurant restaurants, it’s hard to pick. Never had a bad meal.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
858 posts
151 reviews
28. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

We spent 2 nights in Polignano in May. I did not find it too touristy. We ate at the Cave Restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is very expensive but worth the experience.

There are a lot of restaurants in the old town that we would try if we return one day which we would like to do.

Murfreesboro
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
29. Re: Is Polignano worth the trip ?

I was specifically in that area & decided to stay there for 3 days before leaving for Croatia. I would say that if this is out of your way there are other interesting areas that maybe closer for you. I took the train from Bari which was about 2.5 hours. I loved this little town because it was time for me to relax before the next trek of my trip. I read all the reviews about the restaurant, good & bad. I’m allergic to shellfish & they prepared a separate menu just for me, excellent!

Reply to: Is Polignano worth the trip ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Polignano a Mare
Recent Conversations