We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fish hoek, Houte bay

norfolk
2 posts
fish hoek, Houte bay

How long are the transfer times from the airport

Belfast
Level Contributor
2 314 posts
126 reviews
99 helpful votes
1. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

Probably about the same for each dependent on what time of day - if you are arriving early morning from the UK I would say about 40 minutes actually driving time

PS - It is Hout Bay (the pronounciation is variable - "hoot bai" of "howt bay")

Edited: 14 years ago
norfolk
2 posts
2. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

Thank you for your prompt reply and putting me right on the pronunciation, very difficult to know if you are nor familiar with the area

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
11 258 posts
3. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

Living in Hout Bay - and having provided Belfast with the pronunciation ;-) I can confirm that driving to/from the airport, at most times of the day, takes exactly 26 mins! I have done it hundreds of times from 4am to 1am.

Traffic does not vary the timing too much, except probably, as Belfast says, during the morning commuter rush hour (7 to 9:30am) might take up to 40 mins. Fish Hoek is probably 15mins longer at all times of the day.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2 314 posts
126 reviews
99 helpful votes
4. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

VdC - never ever be tempted to start a taxi business - your clients would simply die of heart attacks at the speed you seem to drive !- It took us about 26 minutes from Constantia (mind you it was dark and wet) and yes I bow to your experience at pronounciation of the Republic's capital

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
11 258 posts
5. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

Hi Belfast

Just checked the exact distances. The Constantia Hotel (where you stayed) to the Airport is 26.1km. My house to the airport is 28.8km. So considering that you were driving in the "dark and wet", on a road that you weren't particularly familiar with - while I drive a route that I do time and time again, with less traffic as far as the motorway to the airport - which is then common for the two routes. 26 mins sounds about right for both drives!

Edited: 14 years ago
6. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?
7. Re: fish hoek, Houte bay

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Fish Hoek
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.