We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maria Rousse Studios

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Maria Rousse Studios

I am on the verge of booking here for July 18. Does anybody know if there is a website for this accommodation? I have tried searching but can't find anything. Alternatively if anyone knows of an email address for the accommodation that would be good.

Thanks in advance

25 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

According to Steve it is very good. Why not just book with the holiday company. There is a phone number.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

I am going to book through Olympic but I also want to contact the accommodation to advise I need ground floor rooms due to disabilities, as I assume there will not be a lift. From experience I have found it best to contact the accommodation direct rather than relying on the tour operator as often they dont relay the details.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

Yes that is a good idea there is a phone number . I will see if I can find Steve online today as he goes to Crete and will probably know it or a way to get in touch with the owner.My Dad retired to Scarborough had some good holidays at Reighton Gap

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12 281 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

https://mariarousse.gr/en/

https:/…contact-en.html

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

That is great thank you Steve, I have emailed them to check they can give us ground floor and if all goes well I can get our holiday booked.

Thanks also Pamela for helping us out. This place looks amazing and just what we are looking for, also very reasonably priced through Olympic Holidays, under £600 per person. I am really tempted to just go ahead and book anyway before the owners get back to me.............

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

Have you got transfers included? Sometimes this gets overlooked with excitement of booking a holiday

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

Yes transfers are included and there is an option to add taxi transfers at £48 each way, so I am considering that as it might be easier. I do need to try and find somewhere that does wheelchair or scooter hire, as my elderly Mother is coming with us and she cannot walk very far at all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

Does your mum use a wheelchair at home. Why not bring it with you or buy a lightweight one about £60. Think you will find to hire one near £30 a day. Have you used the discount voucher for £150 off your holiday if over a £1,000 spend. Good luck.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12 281 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

£48 each way for a taxi is more than it would be if you pre-booked one. The tour operator is taking their cut from that.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maria Rousse Studios

Thanks for all the info guys re taxi transfers and wheelchair hire. We are going to look for a mobility scooter which I realise from research will be about £25 - £30 a day but it will make things much easier. Also I will look into booking a taxi transfer myself if it is going to be cheaper, so thanks for that Steve. Any recommendations for transfers would be appreciated.

I decided to hold off booking to give Maria Rousse chance to get back to me about ground floor but yes I have seen the £150 discount thanks Pamela.

I have been searching for sites to get more general information about Malia and what there will be there for us, I found explorecrete.com which has now left me in a complete quandary. I stumbled accross Stalis and it looks much more like we would be better off there as far as the resort goes. The pictures on the site showing the road along the beach with all its restaurants and shops/tavernas seems like it would suit us better than Malia, what do you think?

We don't mind younger people enjoying themselves as we were young once but I don't think we would be venturing onto the strip at night if were in Malia, it might be a bit too much. We like a nice meal and a few drinks but not dancing on the tables if you know what I mean.........

I am torn now on what to do we are a family with 2 50+, one 17 and an 86 year old on a scooter and I am worried that Malia may be the wrong place now, especially in July, whereas Stalis seems to have the life but a more leisurely pace.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to: Maria Rousse Studios
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malia
Recent Conversations