We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

Any suggestions?

10 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Nairobi...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

I have no suggestions considering that the areas is a bit remote it may no have organized tax companies so I would suggest you contact the hotel and make arrangements with them to pick you up or just travel and when there just get any taxi.they are good its only that they have no companies.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

Thanks RoseM90 - i do have a quote from the hotel but it is pretty pricey so wanted to see if i could find something a bit more reasonable - it's actually cheaper to take a taxi from Nairobi versus a flight and then the transport from the airport.

Edited: 05 May 2013, 14:59
Nairobi, Nairobi...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

You are most welcome Janekb12,may be you can get a tour car/van to pick you up from the airport at Nairobi and take you to Nairobi,There is someone who took my friends during a wedding at Nanyuki that they attended last year if you wish inbox me so that I can enquirer for you the rates.

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

I'm having the same issue - just sent you a message

nyc
Level Contributor
14 779 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

The reason the hotel rate is high is that they have to send driver one way empty.

It's not like the taxi goes from Nanyuki to Aberdare and then has a pax to return to Nanyuki to make up the difference. You pay for a return trip.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

You can visit the Laikipia Information Center at the Nanyuki airstrip for more accurate advice for safety and reliability

Beijing
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

Hi Janehkb12, finally how about your transportation? I have the same issue. The next stop following Nanyuki is Samburu but I cannot find any information about hiring a taxi in Nanyuki.

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

Janekbh and Azzipm,

Hello!

As mentioned above Nanyuki remains confined to transport operations with very less options your hotel might be of great assistance but if you are not having any luck. Pm me with your travel plans i will share a friends contacts who leaves at Nanyuki am sure he might be able to assist.

Sarah

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
2 729 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

I have the contact of a taxi owner/driver who is Nanyuki based. His vehicle is newish and in good condition and his prices are reasonable. I don't like to post contacts on public forum, but you can message me, if interested.

kenya
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club

Kindly pass me contacts of the taxi driver based in Nanyuki. You can inbox me here. Thanks.

Reply to: Taxi from Nanyuki to Aberdare Country Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nanyuki Town