We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take Tours do not use!

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Take Tours do not use!

Take Tours and their subcontractor bus company West Coast Holidays turned our Yellowstone trip of a lifetime into a nightmare.

24 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
1 review
21. Re: Take Tours do not use!

Hi Angela T, my hubby and I too have booked a Take Tour Yellowstone and Salt Lake City starting 26th August and we are from Adelaide. I have read many negative feedback about Take Tour but we are in our 60''s so not keen to drive ourselves but their itinerary fit in with what we are interested in a few places so it will be interesting to see how this will pan out. I shall be looking forward to read your feedback after you have taken the tour. All the best.

Sally

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
1 review
22. Re: Take Tours do not use!

Hi Angela T, my hubby and I too have booked a Take Tour Yellowstone and Salt Lake City starting 26th August and we are from Adelaide. I have read many negative feedback about Take Tour but we are in our 60''s so not keen to drive ourselves but their itinerary fit in with what we are interested in a few places so it will be interesting to see how this will pan out. I shall be looking forward to read your feedback after you have taken the tour. All the best.

Sally

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
23. Re: Take Tours do not use!

Hi Phil and Dobby,

My wife and I have just finished a Tour of Yellowstone Devils Tower booked through Take Tours. It was near impossible to get any detailed itinerary prior to the departure day of the tour. They didn’t respond to email requests and wouldn’t give basic information like the name and address of the hotel the tour was leaving from in Denver because they couldn’t find our confirmed booking. It took about 5 phone calls to clear this up only when they told us the name and cell number of the tour guide. Adding in the Chinese/English misunderstandings didn’t help. The Tour company C-Tours had us on the road by 7.00am each day, and rarely was breakfast provided by the 2 star hotels. Rest breaks on the road were toilet breaks as they didn’t want you to use the toilet (locked) on the bus and with no option to buy food or drinks. Each day With an average of 7 hours sitting in the bus left little time to see the sights. Didn’t even have any time to check out the Yellowstone Visitors Centre nor after ending each day find a decent bistro or restaurant other than McDonalds. Thankfully we departed the tour in SLC and immediately moved to a downtown hotel rather than the flee pit they had us booked into miles away from anywhere. Not for us ever again.

Canberra
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
24. Re: Take Tours do not use!

I agree the trip is great accept for unprofessional tour guides lack of organisation bus breakdowns terrible motels and lack of help by courier and unexpected and ridiculous charges

Reply to: Take Tours do not use!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted