We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music fix for April 17th

CA
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Live Music fix for April 17th

Im looking for an area in atlanta that has a three or four good live music bars (rock/blues) within walking distance of each other that it easily accessible via MARTA or has a reasonable hotel closeby. I checked out creative loafing but am not up on local bands and bar locations. Can you help me narrow it down? Last time I stayed at Highland Inn and loved Blind Willies, Claremont Lounge. Thanks in advance

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12 217 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music fix for April 17th

The Little Five Points area is reasonably close to the Inman Park MARTA station and has plenty of live music options, including Star Bar and Variety Playhouse. The area can get dicey late at night, though, and I would probably take a taxi or use Uber rather than walking back to the MARTA station late.

East Atlanta has numerous bars with live music as well, though does not have MARTA access or decent hotels nearby.

In Decatur, Eddie's Attic is a great venue and just steps from the MARTA station.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music fix for April 17th

Check out the 500 Songs for Kids event at Vinyl in Midtown. It's not kids music - it's a bunch of local acts all performing the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, as decided by Rolling Stone magazine. The proceeds benefit kids, hence the name. It's an awesome event every year.

http://www.centerstage-atlanta.com/show/?id=1679&artist=500+SONGS+FOR+KIDS%3A+Rolling+Stone+Magazine%26%238217%3Bs+500+Greatest+Songs+of+All+Time

Vinyl is attached to 2 other venues, Loft and Centerstage, but they might not have anything else going on that evening. It's near the Art Station MARTA stop.

You can walk to Front Page News (the Midtown location) from there, and they have a band scheduled for 10pm that night. There's also Kat's Cafe for some awesome blues & jazz. (Both walkable, or you could take MARTA one stop to Midtown)

A bit further south in midtown (close to the North Ave MARTA) is Churchill's. Great jazz joint.

It's also not far to from Vinyl to Atlantic Station (a mixed-use area with lots of bars and shops), and they often have a "Friday Night Live" series with outdoor bands on Fridays - but they haven't announced dates yet for this year.

3. Re: Live Music fix for April 17th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2016, 06:16