We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
32 reviews
Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

My wife and I are coming to seattle in august for a three days and want to lightrail from the airport downtown and have narrowed our stay down to two places - the Ace Hotel or the Moore Hotel. It seems the Ace is a bit newer but am wondering from a locals point which would be preferable and why. We are in our early fifties, very active, love live music, good food and good drinks. Thanks in advance for your help

tom

Seattle
Level Contributor
51 629 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

Actually the Ace is an old brick building, not new. The Moore is a bare-bones, budget basic hotel, just a step above a hostel. The Moore has a better central location within the downtown core. Ace is in Belltown.

But if those are really your only two choices, I would go with the Ace myself, because at least it has more of a "hip/funky" kind of atmosphere.

CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

Thanks for your input that was my thought too. Im trying to keep my cost under $200 night and the options are very slim. My other thought was to get the best airport hotel and come in via light rail. We dont really need luxury, but do prefer a bath in room that's clean. I can maneuver around the hipsters if needed!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
51 629 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

www.sbmansion.com/seattle-reservations.htm

Would you consider a B&B? This one's on Capitol Hill (about 2 miles from downtown) in the neighborhood I live.

You're right about room rates(!!) I checked a few places I usually recommend but in August they are well over the $200 mark. Yikes!

Seattle
Level Contributor
51 629 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

http://www.pensionenichols.com/

Is another B&B right in downtown Seattle, on 1st Avenue, and showing rates of $200 for a night in August.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4 236 posts
1 review
5. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

Hmm. I don't know. Do you plan to stay out late? What do you want to do late at night?

I prefer the location of the Moore for most stuff, but I like the Ace's vibe and Belltown at night.

Do you have a lot of luggage? I prefer to stay out at the airport if I'm not planning to stay out late because that way I don't have to drag my stuff far, and usually I have access to better amenities (like a pool). It's just more convenient both on arrival and on the day of departure if your departure is later.

I don't mind riding the light rail though. And I don't return to my room to change clothing or nap, so I only ride the light rail in and out once a day.

I stay in Belltown when I pack light and I absolutely need coffee first thing in the morning. (Coffee and food options out near seatac suck).

CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

Thanks for both of your recommendations. I will keep looking and hope rates drop a bit as we get a bit closer

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2 293 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

The Roosevelt Hotel, right in the heart of downtown across from Pacific Place Mall, a few blocks from Pike Market, near the monorail, etc. is showing an advance purchase of $235 for August...about $100 cheaper per night than many properties and the location can't be beat. I stayed there for a trade show last year and found it very clean and serviceable. It has no amenities but is surrounded by restaurants and a good deli, the NYC, is right across the street for early breakfasts, late night snacks, beverages, and sundries. It never seems to be closed at least not when I am awake LOL. Starbucks is also across the street. All in all, a good budget hotel. http://roosevelthotel.com/

Trentino
Level Contributor
225 posts
104 reviews
8. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

We've been at the Moore Hotel in 2011, I don't know how it is today. We found it very comfortable and clean. Yes, the building is old, but the room was very well furnished and bathroom clean and new. I repeat, in 2011, it had nothing to do with a hostel! Plus, it is centrally located, you are in the heart of it all and, what does not hurt, the price is good (at least it was at that time, if compared with other solutions).

9. Re: Moore Hotel or Ace Hotel ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2017, 08:17