We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

Washington
Level Contributor
578 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

It’s been several years since we’ve been to Pike Place or walked the downtown waterfront area. I just know I enjoy the area. My husband and I will be meeting up with my nephew. Where would you suggest? I envision just walking around for a bit and catching up on each other’s lives. My husband will be using his lightweight scooter - not one of those big clumsy kinds. Ideas? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Best Seller
Seattle CityPASS
368 Reviews
from US$89,00*
Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
270 Reviews
from US$134,99*
Best Seller
Seattle Locks Cruise
258 Reviews
from US$46,79*
6 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4 128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

Waterfront area might work, but it’s super busy.

Pike place Market is hellish during the cruise season, and definitely awful if you have a disability.

If it was me, I’d pick a restaurant in Ballard or go over to alki beach and just chill.

Washington
Level Contributor
578 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

Oooh... I like the Alki Beach idea. Hadn’t thought of that. I know Pike Place Market can be shoulder to shoulder. Not exactly a good way to converse. And difficult for my hubby in a scooter. Good call. I’ve lived in Washington all my life, but I am not familiar with Alki. Any great suggestions for meeting areas? Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7 571 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

Will you and your nephew both have access to a vehicle? If so, then I'd meet at the parking lot in front of the West Seattle Water Taxi dock at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave. SW, where the Marination Ma Kai restaurant is located. Or if he's on foot and coming from downtown, he could ride the water taxi.

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/jAyfdicz7i22

https:/…west-seattle.aspx

What it looks like - gardyloo.us/wp-content/…P1000136aHs.jpg

Seattle
Level Contributor
50 846 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

If you want to be near but not actually IN the Pike Place Market you could meet at one of the restaurants on 1st Avenue... like le Pichet, Virginia Inn, or Bacco.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
740 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

At Alki, you could meet at Top Pot donuts and get a treat and a coffee. Walk for as long as you want on the paved path. Then if you want more of a meal, there are a dozen or so restaurants to meet any taste.

Washington
Level Contributor
578 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa

Thank you all for the excellent suggestions.

Reply to: Ideas needed. Where to meet up w/relative? Pike Place or Wa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seattle