We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novigrad climate in September

jwareing
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Novigrad climate in September

Hi. My family and me are going to Novigrad on the 8th September. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the weather and average temperature will be. Did anybody go last September? What was it like?

3 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
7 835 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novigrad climate in September

Well Novigrad is very close to Rovinj and here's what Wikipedia says for Rovinj's climate:

Rovinj/Rovigno is one of nine settlements officially designated as towns in Istria County in western Croatia. It has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen: Cfa), with an average temperature of 4.8 °C (40.6 °F) in January and 22.3 °C (72.1 °F) in July. The average annual temperature is 13.4 °C (56.1 °F). The sea temperature is more than 20 °C (68 °F) from the mid-June to September. The average annual sea temperature is 16.6 °C (61.9 °F).

From May to September the Rovinj/Rovigno receives more than 10 sunshine hours a day. The rainfall averages 941 mm (37.05 in) a year and average air humidity is 72 percent.

You can also see what was the climate for September 2017 in Pazin which is 20 km from Novigrad at the Croatian Meteorological Service site:

http://klima.hr/klima_arhiva_e.php

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9 751 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novigrad climate in September

I have been in Istria (including Novigrad) every September for many years. Last year the first two weeks of September were wet, wetter than usual. However, September can be glorious. Average temperatures would be in the mid 20s- 30C. Do be prepared with a rain jacket just in case. Still definitely swimming weather.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5 118 posts
1 002 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novigrad climate in September

Hi! This year I was in Novigrad just on end of September. Nice weather, summer clothes, but already a bit fresh according to my [Mediterranean] parameters. However, others were not of my opinion, and they peacefully swam.

Reply to: Novigrad climate in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Novigrad