We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novigrad or Rovinj

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Novigrad or Rovinj

Trying to decide between holiday deals to Novigrad or Rovinj (which is the more expensive of the two). The descriptions I've seen are very similar so which is nicest and is there much between them? We aren't interested in the nightlife. If you've been to both, please let me know which is the most historically interesting and attractive. Many thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9 812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novigrad or Rovinj

Having been to both loads of times, Rovinj is prettier and more charming than Novigrad. Novigrad is more of a resort destination. However, it has its merits, including a pretty core and some really lovely concerts on the nice town square. I really like the town, but is lacks that special something (in my opinion). Neither has many historical sites per se but if you have a car, there is a lot to do in Istria. Rovinj is close to Pula with the lovely Roman arena (amongst other things). Search for hundreds of things to do on the Istria forum! :)

Both are great towns but considering your criteria, choose Rovinj.

Edited: 24 August 2017, 16:58
Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novigrad or Rovinj

Thanks so much. That's very helpful.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9 812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novigrad or Rovinj

You're welcome! Have a wonderful time.

Prices would be quite similar. However, there were reports this week of a tourist reporting here on TA that the fruit market prices in Rovinj were outrageous. If you're self catering, I suggest buying at supermarkets. They're both in fabulous culinary areas, especially Novigrad, but my favourite place in the country is near Pula at Konoba Batelina. You're spoiled for choice! My recommendation is please do not do half or full board as the food in Istria is renowned and very delicious.

Reply to: Novigrad or Rovinj
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Novigrad