We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
17 reviews
20 helpful votes
Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

Hi, I am staying at Balitrees Yoga Retreat for a long weekend. They have quoted me US$70 for a return transfer from the Int'l Airport to the Retreat (both my flights are afternoon ones). I know it's a long way but that seems a bit expensive to me, so am wondering if there is a cheaper way to get there eg by shuttle bus or reliable private car?

Any recommendations welcome.

7 replies to this topic
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region, Indonesia
Level Contributor
14 902 posts
125 reviews
144 helpful votes
1. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

70 usd is about 1 million rupiah. When you say return transfer you mean pick up at the airport and take to the retreat, then take you back to the airport a few days later, correct? That seems a little expensive as normally private drivers are 600,000 for a full day, From looking at the map the retreat doesn't seem that high or far.

You could easily hire someone else but on the other hand their driver will know how to get there and possibly be someone working at the retreat who you will get to know better later.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

I have a very trustworthey friend who I’ve known for 10 years. He’s a tour driver and lives in Tabanan. Feel free to drop me a message and I can get you in touch.

Mark

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
17 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

Many thanks Mangomonkey! I'll check out a few alternatives. I'm doing this short trip on a budget and it seems crazy to blow 2/3 of a night's budget on the transfer...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
17 reviews
20 helpful votes
4. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

Thanks Mark, I'll drop you a note!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
17 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

Hi Mark, not sure if you saw my PM, but hope you can let me know about your recommendation soon. Many thanks in advance!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
38 reviews
47 helpful votes
6. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

take a look into my recent FYI post. :

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k12426641-FYI_Taxi_service_Bali_Airport_Denpasar-Bali.html

Hopefully this will be helpful

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
8 helpful votes
7. Re: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Save

Just replied sorry for delay

Reply to: Transfer from Ngurah Rai Int'l Aiport to Tabanan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tabanan
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.