We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jatiluwih end of June

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Jatiluwih end of June
Save

Hi, We are in Bali for a week, end of this month and want to include a trip to one of the rice terraces to see some lush green fields. I understand that June-July is harvest season. Would it still be green end of June or is it likely to be yellowish or all harvested when we go? Since Jatiluwih is quite far, I want to ensure that the long road trip is worth it. Tia

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region, Indonesia
Level Contributor
14 900 posts
125 reviews
144 helpful votes
1. Re: Jatiluwih end of June
Save

The rice harvest depends on the individual fields, weather and other cycles, it's not on a 12 month set schedule.

Where will you be staying? There are lush rice fields all over Bali, not just in Jatiluwih, although they are famous as part of the UNESCO world heritage designation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Jatiluwih end of June
Save

@Mangomunky - We are staying 3 nights each at Legian and Ubud. I chose Jatiluwih over Tegalalang (despite its proximity to Ubud) after reading many reviews. All recent reviews of Jatiluwih mention that the paddy is nice and tall now. Can I hope to see some stretches of green when I go too? Thanks.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region, Indonesia
Level Contributor
14 900 posts
125 reviews
144 helpful votes
3. Re: Jatiluwih end of June
Save

Again, Jatiluwih and Tegallalang are not the only rice fields to see.. if rice fields are a priority to you, do also check out other areas nearby. Do tell your driver that this is what you want...and possibly he will take you to Blimbing, Sidemen, Keliki, Kerta, Tampaksiring, Pacung, or other places where there are large tracts of rice. It's never the case where all fields in an area are completely brown, harvested, or whatever. There are times when pests or disease take over and the crops fail but that's a different story.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Jatiluwih end of June
Save

Thanks for suggesting so many places! Seeing rice terraces is definitely something I look forward to. :)

5. Re: Jatiluwih end of June

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2017, 16:44
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
8 reviews
15 helpful votes
6. Re: Jatiluwih end of June
Save

I was at Jatiluwih on 22 May and was told the harvest will begin in around 3-4 weeks from then. So middle to end of June would not be a great time to visit.

We were very lucky as the rice was really tall and green when we did our bike ride through the terraces with Green Bikes Bali. Amazing place!! Highlight of our holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Jatiluwih end of June
Save

Oh, thank you! Will plan a trip to some other rice terrace then. :-(

8. Re: Jatiluwih end of June

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2018, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Tabanan
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.