We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum day

CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
32 reviews
Museum day

My plan is to see the art museum and Harley museum in the same day by going to Harley museum first at 10am and the art museum later in afternoon to and end at 5 when the wings close. Is this too much? My plan was to have some beers and lunch at Harley Davidson grill then walk/Uber to art museum. Is the route fairly walkable? Thanks for your feedback. Staying downtown at Springhill suites.

5 replies to this topic
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11 921 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Museum day

I think you only need a couple of hours at each museum, so easily both doable in a day.

I don't know the exact distance between museums. I would consider this a long walk especially being on my feet all day at the museums. If you are okay with the distance it's a pleasant enough walk.

Motor Grill at the Harley Museum is good, but if you decide to walk to the Art Museum you might consider lunch at the Public Market. It's on the way and would break up the walk.

CA
Level Contributor
149 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Museum day

Thanks so much. We like to walk and will check out the public market.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1 323 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: Museum day

Definitely doable. I think the walk is a bit too far for my tastes, but not terrible. If the weather stinks, just take Uber.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
169 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Museum day

If you walk, consider going south on 6th when you leave the museum. There a little section of the hank aaron trail just south of the Menominee river that you could hop on. It would connect you to freshwater/Pittsburgh st. And take you past purple door ice cream (literally the best salted Carmel ice cream in the world!). Then walk up 1st to Water st. which would take you through the very nice third ward (shopping, restaurants etc.) and right past the public market! It would be about 2 miles total.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1 323 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Museum day

^^ I second that route past Purple Door Ice Cream. SO so delicious.

Reply to: Museum day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Milwaukee