We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing for kids

new york
Level Contributor
427 posts
Fishing for kids
Save

I would love to expose my 5 and 7 year old kids 2 fishing. Are there any spots in or around Renton/Kent that offer fun lessons or camps for kids that are fishing related? Preferably in late June / early July timeframe.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
1 148 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Fishing for kids
Save

Unfortunately, you just missed the Renton Fishing Derby held on June 1st. However, there are multiple spots to fish in and around the Renton/Kent area.

- Lake Fenwick Park

- Lake Meridian Park

- Cedar River Trail Park

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
1 148 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Fishing for kids
Save

Also, at the end of June, there is the "renton river days"

https://www.rentonriverdays.org/

Definitely worth checking out with your kids if you are around then.

new york
Level Contributor
427 posts
3. Re: Fishing for kids
Save

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Off the venues that you've mentioned, do any of them rent out equipment lake fishing rods and bait?

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
1 148 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Fishing for kids
Save

To my knowledge - I don't think so (unless you go to a sporting goods store like Dicks or REI.

However, there is also a small trout farm in Renton. It usually caters to groups, but you could call and see if you and your kids could swing by for a visit. It's a great little place.

http://www.springbrooktroutfarm.com/

Reply to: Fishing for kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.