We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers to Fuerteventura

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
First timers to Fuerteventura

We are hoping to stay in Coralejo for a week in February. There appears to be lots of bars and restaurants so am presuming that it would be better to self cater.

Could anyone please recommend a reasonable apartment? We are not too fussy, as long as it is nice and clean and not too far out, we don’t need frills. Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

24 replies to this topic
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

We love Oasis Royal. Go on Owners Direct and have a good look around. They are very conveniently located, and quiet and peaceful. Mostly privately owned but worth the money.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
5 699 posts
157 reviews
2. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

Self catering is definitely best here, but there are just so many - where to start? I would advise you to start right here on TA. Many of the hotels here are actually apart-hotels, i.e. little self-catering apartments with all the facilities of a hotel. Some names (chosen at random just to give an idea) are Maxorata, Fuentepark, Dunas Club. Then there are many that are some that offer few facilities but are smaller - just a number of places with a communal pool (e.g. Concha del Mar, Neptuna). Plus residential complexes with pools where some units are let to tourists (e.g. Las Delfinas, Oasis Royal). Then there are loads of totally private villas, some with their own pools.

Once you have some ideas, feel free to come back for further info about areas, etc.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

Thanks.

Crackenback...
Level Contributor
770 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

It's a great place to self cater but maybe hotels are your thing, only you can decide. Plenty of supermarkets (of varying sizes and prices), decide if you want to be far from the madding crowd, close by or in the thick of it. And remember to factor in half term holidays (and other people's kids).

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

Thank you. Shouldwebe looking for a heated pool, as we hope to come in February? We like a bit of life, but don’t like to be on top of it, also will be avoiding half term.

Edited: 16 July 2018, 22:47
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
5 699 posts
157 reviews
6. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

You can try for a heated pool although (a) they're rare and (b) they often aren't exactly warm. If it's important to you then you'll be best going for a private villa with own small pool. A small covered pool is normally far easier to heat than a hotel one that cools down drastically every night. The only hotel I know with a heated pool (that isn't naturist) is Oasis Duna. I don't know how warm it is. I'm sure there are others but you'd need to check them out individually.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
690 posts
99 reviews
7. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

Thanks for that shiela, didn't know the oasis dunas had a heated pool! Stayed there on our first visit many years ago! Now usually stay at fuentepark because they had a heated pool, never that warm but bearable! But they have stopped heating Theirs now and it was cold, even in sept! Find the sea is usually warmer than the pools!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
690 posts
99 reviews
8. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

Sorry Sheila, just seen I've mis spelled your name and couldn't work out how to edit or remove my post!

Scotland
Level Contributor
323 posts
353 reviews
9. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

We have stayed in Fuentepark which was very clean, as you say you're not too bothered as long as it is clean I would recommend here. The staff are very friendly and it is 2 mins walk from the main strip (don't let this put you off as it's quite quiet).

Yes the place does need upgrading a little bit but it is value for money. Check out the good reviews here on Tripadvisor

Crackenback...
Level Contributor
770 posts
65 reviews
10. Re: First timers to Fuerteventura

The water won't be warm in February, try and find a heated pool but they will be rare and/ or expensive. Be brave!

Reply to: First timers to Fuerteventura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations