We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

South-East London
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
9 helpful votes
domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

I will be staying in a mobile home with my family in August in Domaine d'oleron. I have 2 questions.

Will I be able to hire bikes near there? Cani book the bikes in advance? Would they also hire kiddy seats?

The pool...I stayed at a French campsite years ago in a different part of France. The men had to wear tight swim shorts (like speedos). I wonder if this is the case at domaine d'oleron.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
14 253 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

Google "location de vélo ile d'oleron" and you'll get many results about places to hire bikes. Try in English too. You'll have to check with each store to see what their rental policies are. Ask the Domaine about swimshorts. It is usually required to wear tight swim shorts in most pools in France.

South-East London
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

Thank you for the info

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

Hi 102nicki what was the campsite rules on swim shorts? How was campsite looking for next year. Thanks

South-East London
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

Hi - bike hire easy at the campsite. Tight swim shorts for boys/men unfortunately. In general a lovely friendly little campsite in a great area. We thoroughly enjoyed our week. Anything else you want to know? We stayed with Thomas James holidays btw - and they were excellent

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

Did you take car if yes how was journey down? Was there plenty in area to do will be travelling with 17 year old and 3 year old. Sori also what bout supermarkets near see no shop on site. Cheers

South-East London
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

There are loads of supermarkets. In the nearby village alone there are 3 including lidl (selling the same stuff my kids are used to at home). There is loads to do on the island for all ages. We stayed elsewhere in France and travelled to the island from inland which was fine. However, people we met that traveled down the coast to Oleron struggled with traffic. The main trunk road through the island is often crowded. But once you are there, back roads are fine

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
47 helpful votes
7. Re: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +

Hi

We returned from Domaine D'oleron a week ago. It was our second visit and a great place - well run. You can hire bikes direct on the site. They have a good selection, but I'm not sure about kiddies. However, Anneka and Freddie are so helpful, I'm sure they can fix you up, and Anneka has brilliant English.

Re the pool, it's super and was heated whilst we were there. Yes, us men are supposed to wear tight swimtrunks (I hate them) and I bought a pair specially. However, I noticed several people were wearing shorts, and nobody said anything, but what it will be like how it's busier, I'm not sure.

Have a great time. I wish we were still there.

Kind Regards

Kelvin

Reply to: domaine d'oleron - bike hire +
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Georges-d'Oleron