We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn

New York
6 posts
Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

Hello,

Has anyone ever stayed at the Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn in Lackawaxen? I'm looking for someplace very private for a relaxing few days away. I'd rather stay near a private lake and or wooded trails, and be away from the big crowds at the same time. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

I have stayed at the Sylvania Tree Farm for many years, both at the Promiseland Cabin and also at the Lehman House. Both wonderful, immaculate and tranquil. The McKay family are wonderful people who truly care for both the environment and their guests. You will have a relaxing and exhilerating visit at Sylvania Tree Farm what ever time of year you go. We have been in the Fall and also in the late summer, canoeing on the Delaware River and sitting by a bon fire toasting marshmellows. Bring along your hiking sneakers for a great walk along the trails, Deer and other animals to see.Hiking to the top of the famous "Ho De Doe" Mountain for a picnic and super view of the Delaware. You feel like you are on top of the world. Enjoy!

Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

I have stayed at the Sylvania Tree Farm for many years, both at the Promiseland Cabin and also at the Lehman House. Both wonderful, immaculate and tranquil. The McKay family are wonderful people who truly care for both the environment and their guests. You will have a relaxing and exhilerating visit at Sylvania Tree Farm what ever time of year you go. We have been in the Fall and also in the late summer, canoeing on the Delaware River and sitting by a bon fire toasting marshmellows. Bring along your hiking sneakers for a great walk along the trails, Deer and other animals to see.Hiking to the top of the famous "Ho De Doe" Mountain for a picnic and super view of the Delaware. You feel like you are on top of the world. Enjoy!

New York
6 posts
3. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

BobbiF,

Thank you so much for your response! Although I just read your response today as I was on the site, I have to tell you we stayed at Brookside last July. It was some of the best time we spent anywhere. We met Jane McKay and Pam, both were so genuine and friendly. We met Jane's horses, dog, and the cabin cat who hung out around us quite a bit. Jane even let my wife and I groom her horses for a while. We love animals! It was so relaxing being next to the brook. The last time was right after the Delaware river flooded, so some of the area was damaged by the water, but it was still so beautiful! Just a great place to relax and be at peace. We plan on going again shortly. Thank you for your help. It is nice when someone can recommend a place to stay at - it sure beats being surprised in a negative way when you get there!

Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

Hello, I am so glad you enjoyed your time with the McKays. We were there in November and will be back again this year. It is a tradition. Just a few days will make you feel like you have had a month vacation. Try another time of year, or a Holiday, you will always have a great time.

Philly PA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

My mom and I stayed at the Brookside cabin in July, and we had a marvelous time. For five days my biggest decision was "Do I sit on the deck or lie in the hammock?" Beautiful surroundings, sweet innkeepers and staff, lots of wildlife (we saw a bear our first morning) - we're already making plans to return next summer.

-Mary Ellen

nh
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

Hi It's now 2009 and I am interested in updated information on Sylvania Tree Farm. It sounds like a great place but the last review was 8-2007, things change. Anyone that could shed new information please do.

Thank you

East Patchogue, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn
Save

We were there in October 2008. Loved it. Should have brought my telescope. The deepest, clearest sky I've seen in the North East. Went hiking on the red trail to the top of a hill overlooking the Delaware. We also hiked down to the river. Should have brought my raft. The cabin had a fireplace in the living room and bedroom, a jacuzzi, a sliding door to the deck and a well-appointed kitchen. Very secluded and relaxing. Great for a special weekend. We plan to return.

8. Re: Sylvania Tree Farm or Roebling Inn

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Lackawaxen
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.