We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled parking

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Disabled parking

I understand there's 3 places at Constantine bay for disabled parking. Is there a charge for parking for disabled or is there a concession in place.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12 439 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Disabled parking

Before travelling to Cornwall you might want to read this guidance from the Council

https:/…

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1 079 posts
721 reviews
2. Re: Disabled parking

The car park at Constantine Bay is very small and therefore invariably crowded. There are a couple of spaces designated for disabled but as it's not something I take note of I'm afraid I can't say whether it's 2 or 3, or whether they are concessionary.

Depending on the nature of the disability you should bear in mind that although close to the beach it does require a few minutes walk on a sandy path and then down a slope to the beach. If the disability is not mobility related, or allows limited walking, then an alternative is to park at the top of the lane leading to the beach and car park (park opposite the Constantine Store). This is off-road verge parking rather than a formal car park, so free, but again fairly limited and about a ten minute walk down to the beach. Another alternative is to park at Treyarnon Bay where there is plenty of field parking (pay and display but no concessions) and walk along the path to Constantine Bay if this is possible, although it's not a paved path. Again about a ten minute walk. Or, of course, you could stay at Treyarnon (which I prefer) unless you are particularly set on going to Constantine.

Edited: 16 July 2018, 12:05
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2 835 posts
368 reviews
3. Re: Disabled parking

I think Cornwall council withdrew free parking for badge holders some time back, or that's what I found when looking at it years ago.

Reply to: Disabled parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Constantine Bay