We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Secrets Akumal

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
374 posts
13 reviews
Live from Secrets Akumal

So we are here now... third time and I am not happy. Resort is beautiful, staff are lovely but here goes.. I pre booked a Bali Bed with the concierge for 5 days, all was done (received an email confirmation). I get here tonight and go to confirm the Bali bed for tomorrow and all other reservations and there is no booking and my requested and confirmed booking and got booked over... oh so sorry they say.

Staff find my email confirmation, says yes I see it but sorry but we are still booked over tomorrow . Soooo,

Don’t bother pre booking anything, they can’t be trusted to honour what they have already confirmed and resevered.

5 replies to this topic
Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
3 113 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Live from Secrets Akumal

saying they cant be trusted is a bit over the top,,,

people make mistakes, I make mistakes, you make mistakes,

shlt happens,

im sure you will be fine one day without a bali bed

first world problems

Ontario
Level Contributor
333 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Live from Secrets Akumal

Such a waste of money, the exact same drink and food service under the free palapas.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Live from Secrets Akumal

These resorts need to get their act together. Do they not realize how much money they are charging us to be there. Sorry not a millionaire here. I also can't get away 4 times a years to fluff stuff off. Step it up Secrets

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
884 posts
99 reviews
4. Re: Live from Secrets Akumal

PalaceHo:

Just spent five days there, numerous issues, wish I had tried El Dorado instead. Secrets is always a disappointment for me...

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
374 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Live from Secrets Akumal

So aside from the Bali Bed issue (yes, first world problem). We all make mistakes I agree. Difference is I own up to mine. I don’t shrug my shoulders and blow it off. Our building concierge was able to sort everything out (the next day) for the remaining days and apologized for something that was not his fault.

Waste of money? Perception. I don’t think so. Hubby and I like the Bali beds because we don’t need to worry about our stuff and can come and go as we please, we are in the water for hours. The three different seating options for that day are nice and you get a little extra service. For us, this is not a waste. We are not social butterflies on vacation, the beds are perfect for us. My vacation time is limited and I max it where I can.

Everything else has been good so far (3x here). Had a great meal at the French restaurant last night.

Letsgoblackhawks. Sorry to hear your trip was a disappointment. Eldorado has always been good to us, we do Secrets in the winter, Eldorado in the summer. With Secrets It really depends what building you are in and the staff around at the time. Never found this this ED Resorts. Things are usually consistent. They are also more on top of issues.

Reply to: Live from Secrets Akumal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted