We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast track Manchester Airport

Liverpool
Level Contributor
185 posts
20 reviews
Fast track Manchester Airport

Think this has been discussed before but would just like a current take from people on this option.

Going to Mexico peak August time flying with Tui and have never used this option.

Is it worth getting the security fast track for going out? Doesn't seem any point with the passport fast track returning as the suitcases will still take the usual amount of time to come off the carousel.

We have been going in August for a number of years as we have a 14yr old and some years the queues have been massive and other times not so bad.

What do people think?

11 replies to this topic
Devon, United...
Level Contributor
1 223 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

I have always purchased fast track, this time I am also flying TUI but I think fast track is included in my premium ticket. Point is, it really does depend on how many flights are checked it at the same time, sometimes I have gone and the fast track has been worth it and other times I wonder why I have spent the money. I would still buy fast track as you never know.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

I check the departing flights from that terminal around the same time the previous week. That gives a rough idea how many people willl be going through security and helps me make a decision. I find terminal one is the worst especially Friday morning

Bradford, West...
Level Contributor
554 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

We always do it as pay around £8 for 3 of us so not a massive amount to waste even if main queue isn’t busy.

Last month we were through Security in 10 mins!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44 028 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

Fast Track is now £5 per person at Manchester Airport.

To the OP fast track will always depend on how many people are passing through at around the same time as yourself. It is very hit and miss to be honest.

Angie.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10 551 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

I personally would only book it if you know it's gonna be extremely busy, if not it's pointless ☀️

Liverpool
Level Contributor
185 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

Thanks for all the responses...so shall I check how many flights the week before on the same day at a similar time and assess. Not loads of money but also don't want to waste money

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

I've been Terminal 1 peak time, peak morning and the only time I've ever queued is the one time I had fast-track. The queue was bigger for that than the normal queue!

I'm not so sure with TUI but I know checking in online with Thomas Cook puts you to the less busy side of security in T1.

Saves time full stop, really. Or maybe they do sundown bagdrop, that can save a lot of time?

Personally I just give myself minimum 3 hours, that way,less stress.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

Fast track at Manchester is £5 per person, but they are running a special offer of £7.50 for two

UK
Level Contributor
1 014 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

As others have suggested,it’s all down to what day you travel on and of course what time your check in is. I would wager your biggest queue could well be at the other end at Cancún because when three or more Dreamliners join the Cancún arrival queue within an hour of each other that’s when the fun can really start !

B.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
325 posts
1 review
10. Re: Fast track Manchester Airport

totally of subject and sorry for hijacking. Im flying out on the 23rd August from Manchester. I noticed your post says you go each year in August. How is the weather normally, I know its very humid but do you get a lot of sunny days or can it be quite overcast and rainy at this time of year? Thanks Tracy

Reply to: Fast track Manchester Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Akumal