We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBp Coba

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
GBp Coba

Hi, I have emailed the hotel twice to request a quiet room. Is it usual to not hear back from them? Many thanks

10 replies to this topic
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1 561 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: GBp Coba

Those requests should go through you Travel Agent, or who ever you booked with. He/She can attach that request in like a minute.

It could also be your reservation is NOT within the next 2 weeks, and they will file requests until date is within 7 to 10 days to arrival.

Happy Travels!

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
2. Re: GBp Coba

Hi, thanks. Yes, I have tried with my travel agent but they are pretty useless. We are arriving Friday so sent an email last Thursday and another one yesterday but not for anything back. Never mind!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
3. Re: GBp Coba

I have never requested anything thru the travel agent. Always contact the resort directly 7-10 days in advance.

Most will reply, some won't but they have your request on file.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
11 063 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: GBp Coba

As mentioned....email 2 weeks before your arrive and you'll get a reply 👌🏽

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4 791 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: GBp Coba

2 weeks may still be too early. Often the resort doesn't even have your personal information until a week before your arrival.

I always email about a week before with my room requests and I always receive a non-committal "we will do our best, depending on availability...". But Coba has met my request all 3 visits there.

ladysmith, bc...
Level Contributor
1 907 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: GBp Coba

they don't receive the roster from the tour companies until a week before arrival so it just sits on someone's desk until then. often you won't get a reply but your email will be attached to your check in paperwork at the desk. I usually ask a pertinent question that requires an answer 5 days before arrival and they will email back with the answer but always include the statement that they will try to accommodate requests but can't guarantee it. I can't remember a time that I didn't get a request. for building or floor etc.

London
Level Contributor
57 posts
7. Re: GBp Coba

Thank you for the replies. I can only assume the hotel has my emails but has not responded as I did not ask a direct question.

Penetang
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: GBp Coba

We have had great luck with our travel service provider , Tripcentral

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 035 posts
80 reviews
9. Re: GBp Coba

What is the email to send that request to the hotel?

TIA

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45 986 posts
10. Re: GBp Coba

Here is a list of the hotel's email addresses and contact names

Best to send them an email 1 week prior to arriving

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445…

Reply to: GBp Coba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Akumal