We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

Toronto
Level Contributor
317 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

We rent a TAO condo each year at the GBP golf resort and they were to have finished the beach club on Jade Bay in December 2016. Does anyone know if it is completed or close to being completed? Every time we ask someone it's a different answer...seems to be a bit of a moving target! Thanks!

16 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45 392 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

perhaps email them

I have seen they will be doing a Thanksgiving Dinner

Their Facebook site has one review/ no Menu yet

https://www.facebook.com/taobeachclubmexico/

Winnipeg, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

Thank you VSD! Helpful as always. I emailed them tonight to see what they have. The facebook page looks like it is definately open. Would like to see what the beach is like and entry.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45 392 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

I have walked the beach many times

Sandy beach / rocky entrance to the water but a few clear paths

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45 392 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

Thx to Rod, an update to the TAO beach club

We walk from TAO to Beach Club it takes about 20 min. Taxi 150 pesos and Wellness centre may transport you ;there is parking for 10 cars.. There are those who ocean snorkel or paddle board [ available there] but access is over rocks . I am told lots of fish can be seen on quiet day. Others walk down to Akumal bay. Food 190 pesos for Angus burger 38 pesos for Beer 30 pesos for Tonic , new menu next week I was told . Lots of seating , aprox 8 Teak tables with 4 chairs , 4 love seats and 8 matching chars with cushions , a dozen loungers with cushions and 4 umbrellas . Lots of shade and great view. Modern washrooms and showers . Pool is small and warm. Enjoy !

Hayward, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

We stopped by there this week. Parked in designated spot, but no sign for the beach club. Asked workers and we were standing right in front of it. Tao signage seems lacking in general. It's been super windy all week, unfortunately, and when we were there the Cafe portion of the beach club was essentially a wind tunnel. We looked around a bit but didn't stay. There were people on loungers and in the pool. It's quite small so that area seemed crowded.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45 392 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?

The beach club takes up a single waterfront lot

There were 2 lots but only 1 lot was developed for this club

Here is an older map showing the location of the 2 lots

wikimapia.org/…b

Notice the 2 strips of villas in the jungle - these are the TAO ocean villas (they have some ocean views from their top floor deck

Photos of the beach club here

buyplaya.com/Playa_del_Carmen/Quintana_Roo/C…

Reply to: TAO Beach Club Jade Bay completed yet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted