We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

off the beaten path?

Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
off the beaten path?

I'm just curious if anyone knows of any restaurants or attractions that are off the beaten path around topsail? We are traveling from Richmond in August and are excited to explore everything we can. We already plan on taking a trip to Wilmington and eating in Sneads Ferry, but is there anything else we should know about? Any good BBQ joints or other restaurants? Any other attractions? We are willing to travel a bit out of our way if it is worth it. Thanks!

Ashton, WV
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: off the beaten path?

Make sure you go to the Missiles and More Museum, it is very interesting.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3 552 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: off the beaten path?

Topsail and Surf City in my opinion ARE off the beaten path themselves! lol There are a lot of neat liitle shops, and stops all over the area. I like the Turtle Factory Shop in Sneads Ferry, and also the Shop across the Street, across the street from the Riverview.

Bettys Smokehouse from what I hear has good, bbq, but we've only been there for breakfast, and it was great! Personally I like the pier in North Topsail, for a no nonsense place to eat. They serve a limited menu, mostly grill and fry food, but I still like breakfast and lunch there. We often see locals workers stopping for something to eat.

Have a good trip!

3. Re: off the beaten path?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations